Desk Side Support Technician |
WorleyParsons is a leading provider of professional services to the resources & energy sectors and complex process industries. Our services cover the full asset spectrum both in size and lifecycle from the creation of new assets to services that sustain and enhance operating assets. With approximately 25,000 employees across 42 countries, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities around the world. We're an ASX 200 Listed company that prides itself on providing safe and high-quality services which exceed our clients' expectations, which is why we manage some of the world's leading projects. At WorleyParsons we are proud of our people and passionate about delivery.
- Brisbane based staff position
- Part of a global IT team in the energy & resources sector
- Closing date October 29, 2016
WorleyParsons' Global IT team is central to the success of everything we do, enabling us to deliver on our promises and innovate for the future. The support provided at the location level is exemplary and we are seeking to employ an experienced Deskside Support technician to join this highly regarded team of professionals. Based in our central Brisbane office and reporting to the AU Location IT Manager, your key accountabilities will include:
- Responding to allocated service requests via ServiceNow according to the required SLAs;
- Mobilisation & demobilisation of users;
- User account creation, maintenance & support ;
- Working with AD team to troubleshoot issues;
- Asset management:
- Issue and retrieval of hardware;
- Installation & removal of applications;
- Working with ITAM to manage, allocate and optimise usage of inventory;
- End Of Lease management;
- Loan device management;
- Office build-out:
- Identify communications hardware requirements and set-up
- Identify LAN / patching hardware and set-up;
- Install and validate hardware installation
- Manage client project team access;
- Printer setup, maintenance and warranty coordination;
- Ad-hoc Projects
- Assist other Global IT teams where required;
- Participate in the global user-support network for knowledge exchange;
- Contribute to continuous /process improvement initiatives.
To be considered for this role you should have a Tertiary qualification in IT, Computer Science, Business or other related technology field and have established work experience in an IT Support role. Specific skills, attributes and experience we are looking for include:
This is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate your skills on a global platform within Australia's most successful and prestigious engineering services company operating in the resources & energy sector.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of IT Services technologies, and their application to business operations;
- Experience with delivery of Service Management for a large scale business operation using a Service Delivery platform such as ServiceNow, Remedy or similar;
- Considerable experience working in a similar Deskside Support role in a fast-paced and complex business with a large number of users;
- Exceptional customer focus and service delivery oriented attitude;
- ITIL Certification or working towards it will be viewed favourably;
- Understanding of the mechanism for triaging of tickets and ability to explain this to a non-IT user group;
- Broad experience with installation and troubleshooting user inflicted errors across the Microsoft suite;
WorleyParsons will offer you a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly, professional and dynamic working environment with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Australia and overseas.
To apply now for this role please complete the online application process through the WorleyParsons website NA .
You must have current unrestricted working rights for Australia to be eligible for consideration and only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
Please note: no agency representation or submissions will be recognised for this vacancy.