|Job Ref:||87310BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||Fullerton||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:02|
As a member of the Systems Engineering (SE) Leadership team within the Command, Control and Battlefield Radar Department, the Section Manager's role includes personal contribution to program objectives through technical leadership as well as line management responsibilities for personnel within the Section. In addition, the Section Manager will team with the Department Manager in the execution of the Systems Engineering Department goals.
As a Section Manager, the individual will be responsible for managing 15-20 systems engineers with expertise in tactical air defense radar design, analysis, integration and test. Responsibilities include coordinating and optimizing program staffing, and managing the staff of the Section, including requisition development and interviews. The candidate will manage Section members' performance development, training, career growth and recognition. The candidate should have experience with radar systems.
The individual will be responsible for technical quality of systems engineering tasks executed by section staff and must ensure that proper peer reviews are completed. The section manager will be expected to support proposal activities and provide cost estimates for systems engineering bids. Candidate must have good knowledge of EVMS methodology and IPDS.
This position can be either an E05 or E06 level based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the position.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 8 years experience in systems engineering, including at least 2 years experience leading technical teams
• Minimum 3 years experience in Radar Systems architecture, design, integration and test
• Demonstrated experience with Systems/Software Engineering principles including requirements development, analysis and system trade studies
• Proficiency with systems engineering processes and procedures throughout the product life cycle, including EVMS and IPDS
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Effective project management, presentation and communication skills
• Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Advocate for process improvement
• Eligible to obtain Secret Clearance
• Experience in the technical management of subcontractors and vendors
• Experience in Agile development programs and its application to Systems Engineering activities
• Flexibility and adaptability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Customer focus. Ability to support and influence several internal and external customers at once
Required Education: A minimum of a BS in Engineering, Physics, Math or related technical field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
Security Clearance: Secret
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries.
Type Of Job
CA - Fullerton