|Job Ref:||87545BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||Canada||City:||Nunavut||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:02|
Raytheon Canada Limited (RCL) implements an Inuit Training and Development Program (ITDP) that benefits communities within the Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement (CLCA). The purpose of the program is to actively recruit, develop, and train Inuit Beneficiaries (IBs) for employment on the North Warning System (NWS) Program and foster employee-retention and skills development for Inuit Beneficiary employees at all levels.
Raytheon seeks a Data Entry Specialist Trainee to support the NWS in Iqaluit, Nunavut and North Bay Ontario. This is a temporary 1 year development position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in all required training courses and OJT as outlined in training plans
- Performs a wide variety of administrative tasks in support of the business.
- Maintains alphabetical, numerical or subject files.
- Operates office machinery and/or personal computers and may be familiar with several computer applications. Inputs data into various company systems.
- May be responsible for government and company property tracking and control.
- May interface with internal and/or external customers. Demonstrates diplomacy.
- Possesses a strong desire to develop the skills necessary to function as a supervisory or manager.
- The position will offer educational assistance to strengthen skill knowledge/expertise on the program.
- Able to provide proof of Inuit registry
- Able to travel to participate in training related courses
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English and Inuktitut
- Strong MS Office program suite skills, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented, well organized with sound analytical skills and ability to meet timelines with accuracy
- Ability to work independently, in a cross-cultural team environment
- Willing and eager to learn with a positive work ethic
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience working with geographically dispersed locations.
Type Of Job
Temporary - Full Time
Canada - Iqaluit, Nunavut
Canada - North Bay, Ontario