|Job Ref:||11359BR||Employer:||MWH||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stepps||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:02|
ESD is a joint venture between MWH, Black & Veatch, and Galliford Try formed to deliver Scottish Water's Non Infrastructure Programme from 2015-2021. ESD will oversee the delivery of design and build projects throughout Scotland and the highlands for the client's water and wastewater treatment programme. |
You will take responsibility for the execution of the Quantity Surveying function on allocated contract/s from tender through to final account within limits defined by the Commercial Manager.
You will report directly to the Commercial Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
Commercial & Contractual
• Developing the commercial plan to manage risk and drive profitability
• Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations and Final Accounts
• Preparing detailed, accurate and orderly measurements in accordance with relevant measurement standards, preparing accounts and obtaining agreement at earliest possible date
• Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates
• Providing detailed record and valuation of work executed with application of principles of cash maximisation and issuing of draft invoices to Sales Ledger Department and advising of agreed valuations dates.
• Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes
• Agreement of subcontract valuations and completion of regular and timely payment certificates. Obtaining agreement of accounts at earliest possible date
• Ensuring that all verbal instructions are confirmed and that all relevant notices are issued in connection with variations
• Full understanding contractual requirements and recognising variations as they occur whether formally instructed or otherwise and application of relevant Contract Conditions.
• Recognising and advising Site Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
• Full understanding of site progress and issues and application of relevant Contract Conditions
• Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense
• Maintaining records of resource allocation including labour, plant and materials and reviewing subcontract correspondence for delay and loss and/or expense claims
• Development and submission of claims for delay and disruption and loss and / or expense.
• Preparation of claim documentation and information for submission to Clients / Consultants within required timescales
• Providing estimates and quotations for additional works
• Satisfying Client deadlines for estimates and quotations whilst applying principles of profit maximisation and protecting Company's interests.
• Procurement of non-domestic subcontractors and assisting Buying Department in procurement of domestic subcontractors.
• Procurement in accordance with programme requirements whilst maximising commercial advantage.
• Internal valuations / CVRs
• Margin analysis reports
• Commercial analysis
• Cash flow forecasts
• Turnover forecasts
• De-brief reports
• Health & Safety Qualification
• Preferably water treatment experience
• Previous experience within a construction contracting environment
• Previous experience of NEC form of contract
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)