|Job Ref:||204784597||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Accrington||Address:||Post Code:||BB5||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:05|
Our client are a major engineering firm who are looking to recruit a experienced quality manager/surveyor to join the team.|
Recognising that continuous improvement in all aspects of the companies operations is essential if they want to stay ahead of the companies competitors and ensure future success.
The role recognises that the products (and services) need to be designed, manufactured, produced and delivered without defect and that the wide and varied operational aspects employed in achieving this require controlling. The QMS will monitor and advise on the performance of the Quality Management System and by producing appropriate data will report on its performance to ensure the system is functioning properly. Setting standards, the QMS will liaise with other managers, staff and employees and communicate any quality changes or system improvements (and their implementation needs), along with providing any training, tools and techniques that enable others to achieve minimum quality standards.
The main tasks of the role are outlined below:
• Apply productive quality processing and by utilising technical quality knowledge and engineering/manufacturing processing skills, will strive for reductions in non-compliance.
• Takes responsibility for any non-compliance resolution, timely corrective or preventative actions and ultimately lowering costs.
• Applies responsibility relating to internal/external communications, standard operating procedures and overall company performance.
• Improving the organisation's Quality Assurance Systems and increasing manufacturing reliability through improved inspection processing.
• Decide how best to utilise labour resources when undertaking any 'inspection', 'quality' or 'proving'
• Responsible for day to day management of the quality team, developing their skills where and when appropriate.
• Responsible for interactions with suppliers, sub-contractors and internal departments on any quality matter.
• Go beyond generic checking procedures and identify feasible, suitable and acceptable techniques that result in reducing 'on the job' variation and, over time, develop a comprehensive set of Quality practices including aspects of, but not limited to, "Total Quality Management."
• Communicate changes and share quality knowledge effectively through appropriate use of written reports, verbal instruction, personal and group discussion and presentation with appropriate departments or personnel.
• Discuss, agree and validate any Quality proposals with the Quality Director prior to any implementation or change.
• Provide leadership when educating the "Company" on quality practice by proactively managing out
employee misperceptions on or of quality.
• Understand current and (any) future quality systems employed by the Company that are required to meet national and international standards enabling successful trade.
• Responsible as defined in the quality assurance program for activities such as audits, preparation of documents and records, ensuring the system is effectively implemented.
• Liaise with other company employees throughout the organisation to ensure that the quality system is functioning properly.
• Responsible for the development and administration of in-house quality training.
• Responsible for ensuring quality objectives are achieved.
The Quality Manager/Surveyor will report directly to the Quality Director and be fully responsible for ensuring efficient and effective co-ordination and execution of activities required to meet desired quality standards. The QMS's ultimate goals are; to establish a 'right first time' philosophy throughout the organisations and to reduce the total cost of quality in all aspects of their daily work.
• Proven ability to manage, maintain and continually improve a Quality Assurance system that's
suitable to meet the requirements of complex batch manufacturing.
• Ability to acquire, analyse and present data to develop ideal inspections methods and to present and implement these ideals through agreement.
• Proven ability in managing and developing a team.
• Excellent problem solving skills to do the job.
• Excellent communicator and has the writing abilities as well.
• Knowledge of ISO9001.
• Proven knowledge of ASME and PED regulations.
• Knowledge and understanding of productive quality processing.
• Experience in engineering and batch manufacturing.
• Demonstrable working experience on quality systems employed in the manufacturing of components used within the nuclear industry would be advantageous.
• The QMS will be an excellent problem solver (possessing a wide range of techniques and quality practices) and use data appropriately and accurately to justify quality decisions made.
• The QMS will be an excellent communicator in both speech and writing and be confident when making presentations to groups as well as individuals. As well as being the advocate for quality, risk management and health and safety are high priority considerations for the QA.
• Time Served Engineer.
• Minimum HNC certificate but ideally educated to degree level.
Health and Safety
The person will familiarise themselves with the Company Health and Safety Policy and their responsibilities under the relevant current health and safety legislation. (Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 & The Management of Health & Safety Regulations 1999).
To apply please forward your cv in word format or ring on (Apply online only)