|Job Ref:||204784419||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Greenford||Address:||Post Code:||UB6||Salary:||£0 - £360/day||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:06|
Senior Software Engineer required* ELIGIBILITY FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED!!!!!|
We are currently working with a highly reputable major Defence, Information Assurance and Electronics Company who are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join them at their site in Greenford. They're specialists in providing support and services to a variety of industries such as Defence, Security, Aerospace and Transport.
Senior Software Engineers role scope:
Key member of the software team (6 - 10 engineers) which covers multiple projects; required to be involved in more than one project at any one time as part of the project team (of 10 to 20 people), possibly as the only software engineer on the project; multi-tasks appropriately to serve needs of all projects.
Senior Software Engineers Key Responsibilities:
* Responsible for complex design and development tasks.
* Has a variety of engineering methods and techniques; applies and adapts these as necessary to create solutions.
* Liaises with customers and external bodies as needed.
* Accurately estimates work of self and others; identifies cost-effective solutions in terms of both development time and materials; delivers predictably and increases team's ability to do the same.
* Requires support rather than supervision, and only for more complex tasks.
* Seeks input from peers and manager as required; ensures that work has been reviewed to a suitable level.
* Present proposals clearly and constructively, debates input from others.
* Provides a level of technical leadership within the team; shares knowledge willingly.
* Coaches and mentors less experienced engineers on an informal basis.
* Generates understandable and unambiguous software requirements based on user and systems level requirements.
* Generates high quality and robust software designs to meet the software requirements.
* Implements software in accordance with required coding standards; ensures that all code is commented to an appropriate level.
* Integrates software with other system components; contributes positively to identifying which system component any issues encountered relate to; resolves any issues identified in software.
Senior Software Engineers Essential Skills & Experience:
* Proficient in full life cycle software development; adheres to strict software design processes.
* Proficient in real time embedded software development; is proficient in the use of real time operating systems; is proficient in the use of host-based testing and debugging techniques; is proficient in the use of in-circuit testing and debugging techniques; may be proficient in Windows applications development.
* Competent in software development for embedded applications using C and/or C++; optionally knowledgeable in software development using ADA, C# or Java; optionally knowledgeable in scripting languages e.g. PERL, Python, TCL
* Proficient in the use of industry standard communications protocols associated with communication interfaces (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP etc).
This is a fantastic career opportunity with a company who have high respect for their staff, they're offering up to £360/day for the role on a 6 month contract.
How to apply:
To arrange an interview for this position, apply for the role online and I'll be in touch with you shortly.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.
Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview