|Job Ref:||204784374||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Uxbridge||Address:||Post Code:||UB10||Salary:||£20000 - £24000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:06|
Assembly Operative - Pipes|
• Salary to £24k doe
• Excellent Benefits
• Early Friday finish
We are currently looking for a an enthusiastic mechanical assembly technician to join our Engineering client near Uxbridge, Middlesex
To be conversant with and undertake a variety of assembly and inspection operations to produce and test cables, pipes, high pressure hoses and gun components as part of seat assembly to the required quality standards and in accordance with work schedules. Undertake tasks as defined below under the direction of the Cell Leader
1. Undertake tasks as defined in the highlighted area below under the direction of the Cell Leader.
2. To accurately interpret engineering drawings and work instructions/build plans so that Part Numbers, Drawing Issues, relevant ADR's, process specification and finishes can be accurately identified and applied.
3. To be conversant with and employ appropriate techniques as specified on the job cards relevant to specific components such that work is undertaken according to requirements so that :
Processes are carried out in accordance with laid down SOP's within the Department
• Required quality standards are achieved
• All relevant Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times including Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments, SSW's arising from RA's/COSHH and Material Safety Data Sheets
• Work is completed in accordance with required work schedules
• Productivity is maintained so that the effectiveness and efficiency of the department is at the highest level.
4. To undertake self-inspection (and where authorised apply an inspectors stamp) and quality check work undertaken in accordance with laid down quality standards and procedures.
5. To assist in the successful implementation of on-going Lean Initiatives including:
• 5S activities
• Continuous Improvement programmes
6. To monitor the fitness for purpose of tools and equipment and provide for their replacement and/or recalibration so that tools and equipment are in good condition and suitable for purpose at all times and in order to avoid damage of goods, property and harm to oneself or other employees.
7. To handle materials, goods and components carefully and comply with safety regulations and handling/machining instructions so that:
• Components are not damaged through mishandling or faulty machining
• Accidents do not occur through negligence or mishandling
Using work cards and specifications cut pipes using an electric saw, set and operate pipe bending machines in accordance with the specifications
Ideal candidates will have:
• Manufacturing Experience, ideally 2 years;
• Experience of using measuring equipment and working to engineering drawings;
• Flexibility - willing to learn;
• Computer literate - training will be provided;
• Good standard of education. G.C.S.E. Maths and English Grades: A - C - Desirable;
• Health and Safety awareness.
You must have unrestricted eligibility to live and work in the UK
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position