|Job Ref:||204784019||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Post Code:||BT7||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:06|
Service Centre Manager|
Salary: Competitive + company benefits
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
My Client is one of Europe's leading industrial service partners providing engineering knowledge and expertise.
Continued expansion and growth has led to an opening for a Service Centre Manager to be based in Belfast.
My client has strategic plans for further expansion and we are committed to developing and nurturing talent and the future workforce.
This is a key role with the prime responsibility to ensure the site operation achieves agreed profitability and working capital targets whilst ensuring that service level and contractual commitments are fulfilled.
What the role involves:
* Achieve and exceed agreed site budgeted trading targets.
* Ensure that the Customer adheres to contract payment terms.
* Identify, implement and manage consigned stocks within contractual commitments.
* Managers are responsible for their own, their staff and visitors health and safety within their operation, for the promotion of health and safety in line with their Customer's Health & Safety Policies and procedures. Managers are responsible for reporting all cases of non-conformance.
* Managers shall make themselves aware of and ensure compliance with all of the companies applicable management systems policies and procedures.
* Deliver Customer contractual commitments, including Price and Engineering Benefit Savings, Customer Owned Inventory Reduction and Logistical Cost Reduction.
* Provide Customer management teams with required reports, Key Performance Indicators and feedback to contribute to the effective planning, budgeting and performance management, within agreed timeframes.
* Utilise established preferred sources of supply where possible and where supply chain agreements are not in place, develop supplier relationships that deliver minimised costs within agreed service level commitments.
* Ensure that reporting team members have clearly defined roles and objectives and that they are developed and motivated to achieve the required standards of performance.
* Minimum of 2 years business development or management experience in a demanding customer facing industrial environment.
* Knowledge of Industrial Consumables / MRO market and products and their applications.
* Proficient user of windows based programmes. Experience of fully integrated system based sales order processing and stock management systems.
* Sales and customer relationship development skills.
* Negotiation skills at multiple levels within customer and supplier organisations.
* Communication and inter-personal skills.
* Ability to develop and negotiate new sources of supply.
* Understanding of Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet structures.
* Understanding of budget preparation and management.
* Understanding of consignment stock principles.
* Ability to provide regular forecasts of sales and profitability.
* Ability to prepare and deliver management information within required deadlines.
* Knowledge of Stock Management principles and systems.
* Motivation, coaching and mentoring of team members.
* Understanding of disciplinary procedures and ability to effectively action when required.
* Understanding of and ability to effectively action Health and Safety principles and procedures.
* Ability to set objectives and personal development plans to ensure staff have the necessary skills to carry out their job roles.
* Ability to identify, justify and deliver engineering benefit savings.
* Ability to effectively manage sales, margin and customer price savings to achieve or exceed contract profitability.
* Ability to identify, justify and deliver optimised stock levels within overall contract commitments.
* Management of Site overheads to ensure overall contract profitability.
* Ability to develop and deliver continuous improvement initiatives.
* Grade A* - C GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics
* Higher Education in Commercial Business Management or Engineering is preferred
This is a fantastic career opportunity to develop in a stimulating and dynamic environment.
Applications are being reviewed immediately so please forward your CV as a matter of urgency