|Job Ref:||204784009||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Greater Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||BL1||Salary:||£0 - £35000/annum benefits||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:06|
Job title: Mechanical Design Engineer|
Start date: ASAP
Pay rate: c£35,000 pa
Industry sector: Oil & Gas
Mechanical Design Engineer - Manchester - £35,000 pa
Reporting to: Engineering Manager (in Manchester HQ)
* Utilising 2D & 3D CAD software programmes (AutoCAD Mechanical and Inventor), to produce detail drawings of firefighting equipment, in line with Client specifications and Company requirements.
* Drawings may include, but not be limited to; GA's, P&ID's, schematics, fabrication drawings, piping isometrics and loading diagrams
* Produce related documentation, which may include, but not be limited to; technical data sheets, operating manuals and test procedures.
* Carry out/verify loading and other calculations as required.
* Checking of drawings, calculations and data as required.
* Production of bills of material with appropriate selection of all materials to suit job locations.
* Working on any number of projects in various parts of the world, supplying standard firefighting products and bespoke systems.
* Knowledge and understanding of international design codes and standards including ASME, ISO, BS, EN
* Working within specified timescales to achieve agreed completion dates.
* Liaison as required with Company selected sub-suppliers.
* Working closely with other Company personnel particularly the Contract Engineering and Production departments.
* To carry out any other reasonable duty as requested by the Company.
* You will be required to encourage others by example i.e. by high standards of communication, by being able to prioritise your day to day tasks effectively, to develop a disciplined approach to all allocated duties, to keep a tidy working area and to willingly pass on expert knowledge to colleagues by being an intrinsic and valuable member of the Engineering Team.
* A salary circa £35,000 per annum.
(Salaries are reviewed annually in February / March and back dated to 1st January, given there is an award).
* Holidays 25 annually (3 fixed for Christmas shutdown) + 8 statutory.
* Pension scheme (3% company contribution to the company pension scheme, subject to matched contribution). Note that auto enrolment rules now apply.
* Death in service benefit; 2 x salary.
A salary in the region of £35,000 pa.
To apply for this position please click apply now