|Job Ref:||204783693||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum Company Car||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:06|
Bill of Materials Engineer|
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 per annum + company benefits
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
My Client is one of Europe's leading industrial service partners providing engineering knowledge and expertise.
Continued expansion and growth has led to an opening for a Bill of Materials Engineer to be based nationwide.
This is a key role with the prime responsibility to work alongside the customer to ensure all machines are surveyed as per customer's objectives resulting in fulfilment of a Bill of Materials listing.
This role will involve travel and long periods of staying away from home within the regions of the customer sites.
What the role involves:
* Monitor, be responsible for and promote health and safety within the site operations, ensuring adherence to Customer Health & Safety Policy at all times.
* Understanding of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
* Understand the Plant Identification Structure for the CMMS System.
* Produce Spare Parts Ledgers on all machines as designated by the customer.
* Cross reference components to CMMS system (parts associated).
* Understand the ideals of Standardisation / Rationalising / Substitution.
* Determining correct stocking policy for parts.
* Preparing (Master) data for upload (MS Excel).
* Liaising with site teams, Customer Engineers and Key stake holders.
* Produce and Update Project plan.
* Produce monthly reports to update Customer Management.
* You are responsible for your health and safety and have a duty of care for others around you within your working environment.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in an Industrial/Engineering environment.
Health & Safety
* An understanding of safe working practices in a BG environment.
* Required understanding of Electrical Safety / Machine Lockouts (LOTO etc)
* Required understanding of working at height principles.
* Carry out "On the job risk assessment principles"
* An Understanding of conducting risk assessments and preparing method statements.
* Able to recognise and identify (generic details and manufacturers data) of the following product families.
* Motors / gearboxes / geared motors / drives / inverters and control gear
* Chain / Sprockets / Taper Locks / Belts / Pulleys etc.
* Rollers / Bearings...etc.
* Knowledge of SAP PM. Or Infor EAM
* Proficient user of windows based programmes, including CMMS.
* Familiar with Preventative Maintenance Strategies and ledger documentation
* Ability to prepare and deliver management information within required deadlines
* Proficient with a Digital Camera, uploading pictures and manipulating where necessary.
* Able to work unsupervised once fully trained and inducted.
* Able to work as part of an integrated team, feeding the BOM results into the Stores teams
* Ability to identify, justify and deliver engineering benefit savings
* Ability to develop and deliver continuous improvement initiatives
* HNC or Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics Engineering is essential.
Applications are being reviewed immediately so please forward your CV as a matter of urgency