|Job Ref:||204783518||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gateshead||Address:||Post Code:||NE9||Salary:||£25000 - £28000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:06|
Our client is a leading manufacturer located in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear. They are now recruiting for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician with a mechanical bias to join their existing team.|
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the planned maintenance and breakdown repairs.
- The secondary purpose of this role will be to assist the assembly line technicians diagnosing vehicle build problems and working on assembly efficiency and vehicle design improvements.
- Diagnose & repair mechanical and electrical faults.
- Build upon existing planned preventative maintenance to minimise downtime.
- React to breakdowns.
- Carry out modifications on machinery.
- Offer technical expertise to other staff.
- The successful candidate must have a strong mechanical engineering background within a similar role.
- Minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Engineering and either hold an HNC in Mechanical Engineering or be working towards.
- Basic electrical skills and ideally previous experience with PLC diagnostics.
- Must be capable of prioritising and multi taking in a pressurised environment.
- Capable of working to planned & agreed schedules & timescales.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working in a group or individually.
- Ability to undertake multiple projects and tasks and still maintain priority focus.
- £25,000 - £28,000 basic salary.
- Overtime is available.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Monday - Thursday 8am - 4.15pm with an early finish on a Friday.
- This is an opportunity to join a very fast paced environment with the opportunity in the future to grow.
If you would like further information then please feel free to get in touch