|Job Ref:||204783493||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Eastleigh||Address:||Post Code:||EX39||Salary:||£12.73 - £20.00/hour||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:06|
Our client, who are a global leading cable manufacturer, are looking to recruit an experienced Production Maintenance Technician with a Mechanical bias. |
This is an excellent opportunity for a time served engineer with a sound foundation in all aspects of engineering specialising in Mechanical disciplines but with a knowledge of Electrical also. They will have good team working and communication skills and be able to organise and prioritise with confidence.
Main duties for the Maintenance Technician include:
* Diagnosing and fault finding on industrial plant and machinery
* Design, installation and commissioning of industrial plant and machinery
* Developing and implementing strategies to facilitate improved plant production availability
* Working closely with manufacturing and maintenance colleagues to improve the efficiency of production plant with adherence to Health & Safety and financial constraints
* Reporting to Management with responsibility for ensuring production efficiency
* A demanding role requiring excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise with absolute confidence
* Ability to communicate effectively under pressure must be attained at all times
* Working to a continuous shift pattern with necessary overtime responding to plant breakdown situations with quick and effective diagnosing of faults, complete preventative maintenance inspections and implemented action plans to stop reoccurring faults.
* Designing and installing and commissioning plant and machinery to improve production efficiency.
* Ability to safely move and handle plant and machinery using appropriate equipment/techniques.
* Good practical understanding of COSHH and Health & Safety at work.
Suitable candidates will have worked within as a Production Maintenance Technician previously and will preferably be time served. Hydraulic and pneumatic competence is a necessity as well as a competent knowledge level of various welding and brazing techniques
This position is initially for 6 months however is likely to last longer
Hours: (Shift work)
AM - PM & PM - AM (Monday to Sunday)
4 on/4 off shift system
£12.73 per hour + £3.61 per hour shift premium