|Job Ref:||204783450||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£33000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:06|
Civil Design Engineer, (Water Pipelines)|
£33,000 - £40,000 depending on references
Our client is looking to expand their design team with a number of Civil Engineers. The successful Civil Engineer will be responsible for delivering designs and managing CAD resource to deliver potable water pipeline projects including all associated civil engineering inputs.
The successful candidate will be based from the client's offices in Glasgow and will be responsible for delivering outline and detailed designs of potable and raw water pipeline and distribution projects in a challenging and rewarding environment. The role includes responsibility for timeous delivery, quality, HSE and complying with Scottish Water's established specifications and procedures in a thriving business.
As a Civil Design Engineer you will be responsible for -
* Provide the key role of technical designer on large and multiple projects, or programmes of smaller projects, where appropriate;
* Prepare design information for both outline design and detailed design
* Liaison with modelling engineers and construction delivery teams
* Under direction of the design lead; liaise with key stakeholders: AIM, CSD, Leakage, Delivery, Shared Services, Fire Authorities, Roads Authorities etc
* Ensuring that design information conforms to Scottish Water Standards & Specifications
* Preparation of H&S and documentation for review and sign off by the design lead
* Undertaking the duties of Designer under the CDM Regulations
* Technical checking of work
* Ability to manage your project workload to programme, cost and quality requirements
* Relevant technical skills for the water industry - e.g. pipeline hydraulics, civil engineering design, construction techniques, understanding of other engineering disciplines;
* Understanding of the application, benefits and limitations of a wide range of solutions to problems - for example both traditional engineering solutions and sustainable solutions;
* Ability to demonstrate the above through past experience.
To apply for this role, the successful candidate will need to be qualified to a minimum of a HNC in Civil Engineering or a similar field and be able to demonstrate experience working on Water Infrastructure projects, you should have an understanding of pressure systems, pipeline hydraulics, civil engineering design and a basic knowledge of other engineering disciplines. You will have an understanding of construction and operation standards. The ideal candidate will also be working towards Incorporated of Chartered Engineering Status.
For more information or to apply for this role please call Tom Mlinar on (Apply online only) or send your cv