|Job Ref:||204783167||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wolverhampton||Address:||Post Code:||WV1||Salary:||£200 - £300/day||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:06|
Job Title - M&E Surveyor|
Location - Travelling to sites (depots and stations) in the South (Birmingham-London). When not on site, can be based at home or at the office in Wolverhampton
Rates - £200-£300
About the role / project:
To carry out mechanical and electrical asset surveys of buildings throughout the Network Rail infrastructure. The successful candidate will have a background in the installation and maintenance of a range of mechanical and electrical equipment. The condition survey and asset survey will be based on all the mechanical, electrical systems / infrastructure and plant & equipment. Surveys carried out will determine the existing condition, establish remaining asset life span / replacement priority.
Your experience will include:
* Min 5 years work experience in Building Service Engineering
* Valid PTS (AC/DC)
* Be comfortable assessing both Mechanical & Electrical services within a building environment irrespective of specialism.
* The expertise is expected to cover all M&E services, including HVAC, electrical systems, heating, and water systems.
* HNC / HND level diploma in a Mechanical or Electrical based subject.
* Working knowledge of the 17th Edition of the Electrical Regulations BS7671, Pressure systems Regulations and current Gas Safe regulations.
* Technical knowledge to classify M&E asset according to business critical and statutory/mandatory maintenance & inspection requirements.
* Knowledge of Fire and Intruder Systems would be an advantage.
* IT competent.
* Ability to work on your own.
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to interviewing all applicants who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria advertised. We are striving to achieve the 'two ticks' disability symbol and to create a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
Network Rail is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy