|Job Ref:||204783095||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||High Wycombe||Address:||Post Code:||HP11||Salary:||£31000 - £33000/annum Company Vehicle||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:06|
* You will report to the Area Manager. The role involves being the front face of the Transport for Buckinghamshire (TfB) Service within an Area of the County, working closely with the Area Managers and wider Area Team to deliver the Area maintenance and improvement objectives and priorities.
* Proactively engage with the public, community and County/Parish/District Councillors and internal team to identify, prioritise and deal with customer issues and manage expectations against financial budgetary constraints. Respond to all enquiries and correspondence (CRN) with an Area ensuring they are closed within designated timescales and in an accurate manner in line with the Authorities expectations and contractual requirements. To develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers, proactively managing Member and Stakeholder expectations with integrity, empathy and professionalism. Proactively seeking and giving guidance and advice on emerging Area issues.
* Attend when required, and on behalf of TfB, member briefings, Local Area Forums (LAF) or other such Area based events to ensure the understanding of the Area is maintained.
* To provide onsite support to the TfB network management functions/teams (i.e. Licensing, permitting, parking, etc.) and being aware of and monitoring current and potential highway related issues within the Area.
* Provide a secondary support to the highway inspections team in pursuit if TfB's statutory duties as set out by the Highway Act, 1980.
* Liaise in a courteous, open and professional manner with County/District/Parish Council Members on the provision of information (both to and from councillors) in the delivery of Area based TfB services.
* Manage the expectations of Councillors and residents in relation to service delivery matters in particular budgetary and financial constraints.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal/external customers to enable the LAT to seek and give guidance and advice on emerging issues.
* Respond, provide timely updates, and close out customer enquiries on Area based TfB issues, within required timescales.
* Undertake site visits to ascertain the root cause of Area based issues and determine outline solutions.
* Identify and raise reactive maintenance orders where highways defects have been identified.
* Take ownership of the area by being aware of all highway related issues. Liaise with members to ensure understanding of same.
* Work closely with other Area team members to ensure effective co-ordination and progression of works.
* Attend Area LAFs and Local Community Partnership meetings as agreed with the Team leader and Area Managers and assist in ensuring that actions are implemented within the required timescales.
* Provide general support to Area Managers and briefing information for senior managers and Members on any issues that arise.
* Promote and support Equality & Diversity activities.
* Promote Health, Safety and Environment across TfB.
* Provide support to the Highways Inspection team in undertaking highway safety inspections when and where required.
* Provide on-site support to TfB's Teams in the day to day operation of the highway network with an Area. Providing knowledge of their area in order that other TfB Teams can provide expert advice back to customers.
* Drive continual improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of LAT & LAF activities.
Skills and Experience:
* Experience of dealing with members of the public, including at through public meetings.
* Proven excellent written and verbal skills.
* Required to be mobile throughout Buckinghamshire and therefore a valid driving licence and use of car if not provided.
* Ability to build and maintain effective and professional working relationships with key people both internally and externally.
* A level, HNC educated, or equivalent experience including GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths.
* Ability to prioritise own work and that of others to support the business.
* Experience of managing the expectation of the public in the delivery service.
* Knowledge of Symology, Asset management and Routine maintenance management systems.
* Relevant Highway maintenance experience and/or qualification