|Job Ref:||204782906||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:06|
Our client are one of the UK's leading names in Facilities Management, Construction and Engineering. They are currently looking to fill the role of a Manitenance Technician with an Electrical bias, for on an onsite PPM and recative maintenance role in Sheffield.|
The successful candidate will hold the relevant qualifications to work electrical systems and installations up to 415V and ideally have a working knowledge of mechanical building services and systems. The electrical building systems include LV distribution systems, under floor power, general lighting, electronic security and access control systems, CCTV, UPS systems and large generator systems. The post includes the responsibility for the completion of planned operational maintenance tasks and also the reactive works which arise through the normal operation of a large office type building. At times support with minor new works will be required. The person will be proactive and report into the site Facilities Manager and will also be aligned with the company QSHE policies, procedures and guidance. It may also be necessary at times to assist other memebers of the team in completing building fabric tasks normal within a building services roll.
* This job description is not exhaustive and other duties and responsibilities of a similar level and nature may be required from time to time.
* Will have specific knowledge in electrical building services which are considered normal for a building office location i.e. LV electrical distribution, emergency UPS and generation systems, power distribution and electronic access, CCTV and security systems.
* Have an excellent understand of the planned maintenance requirements of electric distribution systems and a working understanding of mechanical plant operation i.e. air handling units, small to medium size heating circulation pumps etc.
* Will be expected to have acquired elements of other skills which will enable them to work flexibly across trades and also support handyman type activities.
* They will operate as part of an effective Professional Maintenance team. The post holder will have drive and enthusiasm, be self motivated and be expected to work on their own initiative and also work as part of at team.
* To perform any maintenance task and other associated tasks on any part of the site as may be required and shall include any of the under mentioned tasks.
* Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance, service, test, diagnose, repair of all electrical and mechanical installations, plant and equipment.
* React to breakdown maintenance requests.
* Carry out isolations for specialist maintenance sub-contractors.
* To carry out minor new works where directed.
* Work safely and in accordance with company Health and Safety procedures.
* Supporting the contingency plans for the service delivery. Help maintain accurate maintenance records and plant history.
* Deal with new situations as they arise.
* Pass on working knowledge as required.
* Undertake training as required.
* Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
* To provide support when needed to the onsite Caretaker and Cleaning Teams.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and public facing skills.
Carbon60 is a specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies.
Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency