|Job Ref:||204782836||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Hinckley||Address:||Post Code:||LE10||Salary:||£27000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:06|
Hammonds, UK's largest choice of fitted furniture company requires a Quality Engineer to join their team based in Hinckley, Leicestershire. Offering a salary of £27,000 - £32,000 per annum.|
Responsibilities of a Quality Engineer include:
- Management of master samples, inspection equipment calibration, defective material reporting and management system auditing.
- Preparation & publication of all management system documentation.
- Conduct management system audits & risk assessments.
- Support R&D function with product development inspection & testing.
- Support Purchasing function with supplier quality assessments and first-off inspections & reports.
- Support Stores function with goods inward inspections and Production function with in-process inspections.
- Conduct failure investigations and implement corrective & preventative actions.
- Collation & analysis of supplier & production quality performance metrics.
- Support product & process improvement projects to improve quality and reduce costs.
To become our Quality Engineer you would ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Formal engineering education qualification (HNC or above).
- Qualified management systems auditor.
- 5 years experience as a Quality Engineer working in an ISO9001 accredited manufacturing environment.
- Proficient PC skills in the MS office suite of programs.
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings and experience of using inspection measuring equipment e.g. gauges, micrometers, verniers etc.
- Diligent in ensuring that all information is presented in a professional, factual and accurate manner.
- Self motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Colour correct vision and able to manage normal physical demands to handle components of various sizes and weights.
- Driving license and willingness to travel between sites & to suppliers or customers.
Preferred Skills & Experience our Quality Engineer:
- Membership of a professional Quality institution i.e. C.Q.I.
- Knowledge & experience of using Statistical Process Control & Lean Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Experience of working in furniture manufacturing environment.
Hinckley is commutable from Nuneaton, Leicester, Rugby, Coventry, Tamworth, Erdington and surround areas.
If you have the skills and experience to become our Quality Engineer please click apply today and follow our simple online process.
Strictly no agencies please