|Job Ref:||204779647||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:07|
About the Role|
To work within a team to provide technical support on flooding and drainage projects for mainly public sector clients.
To ensure accurate and efficient project delivery for internal and external clients.
Role includes support on hydraulic modelling and flood mitigation studies using industry standard software (ISIS / Tuflow / Infoworks ICM etc).
The role will also involve producing maps/figures in either ArcGIS or MapInfo as well as undertaking hydrological assessments.
Key aspects of the role are to:
1. Provide technical input on flooding and drainage projects as part of a project team. Role Includes:
a. River and Drainage modelling
b. Hydrology (FEH / WINFAP / ReFH2)
c. Day to day use of GIS tools d. Feasibility studies / options development and design. Experience of micro-drainage would be an advantage e. Report preparation / drawings.
2. Attend and contribute to project meetings internally and with clients.
3. Undertake own continuing professional development under guidance from Line Managers with a view to working toward professional membership.
4. Operate in accordance with the corporate health and safety, environmental and quality standards.
5. Work may require travel in the UK or work in client offices.
You will hold a degree in an Engineering, Environmental or Numerate Science related subject. You will have a number of years' experience undertaking river and / or drainage modelling and hydrological assessments, ideally gained within a consultancy environment. Flood mapping experience would also be beneficial. Your role will involve undertaking the hydraulic modelling and hydrological analysis for flooding and drainage projects for both internal and external clients. You'll be a capable problem solver with good time management skills and ability to work unsupervised at times. You will be a self starter used to working in a team