|Job Ref:||204779590||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Henlow||Address:||Post Code:||SG16||Salary:||£35000 - £38000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:07|
Demob Job Reference: j2692|
Job Title: Manufacturing Process Engineer
Location: Henlow, Hertfordshire
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000 DOE plus Benefits
Our client based in Henlow, are a bespoke manufacturing company who provide sealing systems and hardware to their clients across the UK. They now have a requirement for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to join their busy manufacturing site. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, specification and continuous improvement activities on a range of bespoke manufacturing processes. The measurable KPI's will be H&S, productivity, reliability, repeatability, quality and maintainability.
Although it is not essential suitable candidates with a previous Armed Forces background (Royal Navy, Royal Air Force (RAF) and Army) and have experience within a similar position are encouraged to apply.
- Reporting to the Plant Manager, the successful candidate will ensure the safe working practices are in place for all employees.
- Managing and coordinating process reviews, generating SOR's and project management of equipment upgrades and new installations whilst ensuring all Health, Safety, Environmental and statutory requirements are adhered to.
- Process management for site wide automated activities.
- Research and development for production processes used to produce foam seals.
- Specification and sourcing of bespoke equipment.
- Provide support for the training and development of employees.
- Develop and maintain documented processes for recording production process performance management.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the role and responsibility dictates.
- Educated to HND level (or equivalent) in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Systems.
- Working background in a medium volume manufacturing / production engineering environment.
- Strong manufacturing engineering experience.
- Previous hands-on mechanical and/or electrical reactive maintenance.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- IT Literate: MS Office, Visio, Minitab and similar SPC packages.
- Ability to work independently with a can do attitude.
- Methodical and focused. Well organised with excellent time management.
- Own transport - due to client's location.
- Experience in developing bespoke manufacturing processes.
- Engineering Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Quality Management / implementation accreditation.
- 6 Sigma Green Belt.
- IMechE membership (Institute of Mechanical Engineers).
- Experience of COMAH.
- 37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.
- 24 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Pension Scheme.
- Onsite Parking