|Job Ref:||204779380||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:07|
£45,000 - £55,000. Technical and Quality Manager - Metallurgy. Opportunity for a degree qualified Metallurgist / Materials Scientist or Materials Engineer to join a well-established, high quality metal products manufacturer. Company manufactures a wide range of products for global brands worldwide. The Technical & Quality Manager will play a key role in developing range of differentiated products, innovation of the process, managing the quality system and supporting customers and the sales team to drive profitability through technical excellence.|
The jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
• An established Engineering Company with stable customers in diverse industries
• Company sell products to global brands like Black & Decker, Stanley, Morse and G-Man, and for industrial applications, selling to over 55 different countries.
• The company is part of a larger engineering group
The job will involve:
• Monitoring process efficiency, including yield, to optimise processes, to reduce costs and to control all business losses.
• Working with external equipment and raw material suppliers to develop quality processes and to lead the product and process innovation needed to keep business differentiating through product excellence, technology and quality.
• Leading a team of technical staff who are responsible for the testing / reporting / support of production material and processes.
• Ensuring appropriate preventative testing and plant analysis are completed to deliver the safe and controlled operations of equipment and processes.
• Managing all internal and customer rejections and complaints and determine root cause and improvement plans to drive down through supply costs and to drive up customer service and satisfaction.
• Leading New Product Development strategy, championing innovation and new technologies to differentiate products and processes. This will involve the active management of the NPD process from idea to commercialisation, including the ownership of trials, pre-production, capex and patent processes.
This job will suit:
• Degree qualified Engineer or Scientist with considerable experience in metallurgy, or metal product testing and also trails, prototypes, product samples, NDT and New Product Introduction.
• Person with experience of setting up QMS, managing quality processes, including resolving customer complaints and audits.
• An experienced manager with good leaderships skills
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
This job is commutable from West Midlands area