|Job Ref:||204778991||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Redditch||Address:||Salary:||£18 - £25/annum Ltd||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:07|
Medical Electronics Technician|
A Medical Electronics Technician is required to work on an initial 3 month contract near Redditch, Worcestershire. They are looking for someone to start immediately and you will be required to work 38 hours per week. The rate of pay for this position is between £18 and £25 per hour, through a limited or umbrella company and is negotiable between these figures depending on your level of experience.
All applicants will need to have experience and or training on any of the below:
* Datex Ohmeda / GE, Valleylab, Welch Allyn, Carefusion products
* Fukuda Denshi - Monitoring systems and Baxter- Volumetric pumps
Electrical safety testing knowledge on medical kits is also essential
Therapy equipment manufacture experience and training on suction / flow equipment would also be advantageous to applicants.
Accountable to: Technical Services Manager
To provide a responsive and efficient technical support service for medical devices
within, and on behalf of the NHS Trust. To perform all duties required to provide safe operation of medical devices throughout their life cycle, this will include; pre-purchase assessment/evaluation, commissioning, planned preventative maintenance, breakdown repairs and decommissioning as required. All procedures are to be conducted within the department's quality procedures.
The post-holder will supervise and organise the work of junior grade staff as required.
The post has no budgetary responsibility. There is a shared responsibility to maintain
all items of medical equipment varying in complexity from simple battery operated
equipment to advanced life support systems. The post-holder will be expected to
travel between Trust sites and other clients as required.
Nursing and Medical staff (all grades) in all clinical areas, other healthcare
professionals, department managers and staff, patients, relatives, Estates and '/
facilities staff (all grades)"
GP surgeries, other hospitals, manufacturers and representatives, Medical
Healthcare products Regulatory Authority, Patients and relatives.
1. Responsible for the maintenance, (includes whole life-cycle of equipment,
pre-commissioning evaluation, commissioning, planned maintenance,
breakdowns and de-commissioning), of a wide range of patient connected
medical equipment in a safe, efficient and responsive manner causing the
minimum disruption to patient services.
2. To work within clinical areas with Medical and Nursing staff, (including
patients), to resolve equipment issues as they arise.
3. Monitor progress on individual work requests in their charge to ensure an
4. Produce accurate service reports of work undertaken for audit purposes,
(technical, financial, quality and statutory)
5. Operate the Technical Services database and all computer applications
required to calibrate, test and repair equipment.
6. Operate all relevant test equipment and advise the Technical Services
Manager of any issues as they arise.
7. Participate in a rotational on-call system as and when required.
8. Maintain good communication links with other departments and external
bodies to uphold better understanding of clinical applications and needs.
9. Keep the Technical Services Manager informed of potential risks to the
service, general issues that are appropriate to the delivery of the service.
10. Ensure that all procedures to maintain the quality systems and Health and
Safety policies of the department are adhered to, and will actively participate
in any audit of the system that is deemed necessary.
11. Keep abreast of and fully aware of technology development on
matters that affect or are associated with the Technical Services Department.
12. Attend manufacturers and health service courses to obtain the necessary
skills to undertake the duties of the post and maintain records of training
13. Identify potential savings and implement measures to realize these when
requested to do so.
14. Maintain the department's stock system, and ensure adequate stock
Levels are identified and refreshed as necessary