|Job Ref:||204778575||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||County Durham||City:||Durham||Address:||Post Code:||DH1||Salary:||£50000 - £70000/annum Pension, Life Insurance||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:07|
Our client demonstrates an extensive track record offering a breadth of subsea services including Survey and Seabed-mapping, Subsea Installation, Seabed Intervention, Inspection, Maintenance and Repair (IMR), and Decommissioning.|
This strong portfolio of services, coupled with a fleet of owned and controlled specialised equipment and multi-purpose support spreads, enables our client to bundle its subsea services to deliver cost-effective, tailored solutions to meet individual client needs.
We are looking for an experienced PM from a Trenching/Installation background to work on a prestigious interconnector project. The successful candidate will have very strong commercial skills and be capable of contractual analysis. The ideal candidate will come from a Technical (Engineering) background with significant experience of similar projects in the subsea industry.
To ensure projects are completed in a timely, effective and professional manner in accordance with agreed EBITDA, company procedures and HSEQS standards.
• To conduct activities in accordance with the client's UK HSEQS Management System requirements and to meet all legal obligations incorporated in the client's UK HSEQS Management system.
• Manage the project to ensure contractual obligations and schedules are met
• Ensure projects are executed in a professional and ethical manner
• Maximise project revenue, margin and resources
• Build ongoing relationships with clients
• Vision and Strategy
- Work in accordance with the Leadership Philosophy within the Company
- Involvement in development of Departmental Quality Plan
- Clarify goals and expectations with both teams and peers
- Visibility and accessibility with the team
• Performance Management
- Obtain and maintain capable and competent personnel within the area of responsibility, including professional development of personnel.
- Effectively manage staff in line with the Company's objectives through relevant procedures
• Ensure a comprehensive handover of documentation and information immediately after contract award
• Ensure adequate resources are allocated to deliver the project successfully
• Ensure all project procedures and engineering deliverables are checked and approved prior to submission to the client.
• Clearly define the scope of work and budget of the internal departments and third parties in order to ensure that they are aware of the workload expected and are capable of meeting the defined project milestones.
• Lead and motivate the project team, other departments and third party suppliers to ensure objectives and schedules are met in a safe and effective manner
• Ensure projects are executed in full compliance with Company procedures and Statutory Regulations
• Ensure Variation Orders are raised and agreed for all work over and above contractual requirements
• Ensure invoices are raised and payments expedited in a timely manner
• Provide concise and accurate reports in a timely manner
• Ensure accurate cost and revenue information is provided in a timely manner
• Consistently promote and maintain acceptable standards of conduct and work performance for all our client's UK and third party personnel working on the project
• Evaluate project performance; identifying best practice and areas for improvement
• Support the Commercial Department to secure projects as and when required
• Projects are completed in a safe, effective and timely manner in line with contractual requirements
• Excellent working relationships are developed and maintained with clients, colleagues and suppliers
• Project delivers the expected level of revenue and margin
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree / Masters educated - BEng / BSC in relevant engineering / management discipline
DEMONSTRABLE EXPERIENCE SPECIFIC TO THE ROLE
• Substantial experience as a Project Manager in the oil and gas, subsea or other related industry
• Able to read and understand contracts
• IT literate including Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc