|Job Ref:||204778506||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Norwich||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:07|
Location: Norwich, Anglian Water Region
Kier Utilities with our alliance partners at Anglian Water are looking to recruit a Project Engineer, who will report to the Project Manager. The successful post-holder will be responsible for the individual management of mechanical, electrical, civil and combined schemes, predominately under a Framework agreement.
The post holder will deliver schemes within budget and to an agreed programme in conjunction with ongoing sound financial management whilst undertaking a pro-active, hands-on, approach to ensure successful delivery from inception to completion of projects.
* Delivery projects with minimal supervision or assistance within budget and timescales without compromise on safety and environment
* Outline engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising in-house functions and resources
* Liaison with client's engineering and operational staff to ensure Key Performance Parameters are met or exceeded within budget constraints
* Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
* Prepare estimates and quotations and complete contract documentation
* Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions and resource
* Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors using COINS financial management accounting system
* Compile and collate final contract documentation, "as-built" drawings and test sheets for inclusion into operation & maintenance manuals
* Overall responsibility for profit/loss on contracts undertaken
* Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Holds the relevant qualifications (e.g. ONC/ HNC/ NA or an NVQ equivalent)
* Hands on knowledge of multiple civils projects or utilities
* Previous experience within the water industry
* Commercial and contractual awareness
* Proficient IT skills (working knowledge of COINS, Microsoft Suite preferred)
* Good communication skills
* Patient and diplomatic
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to organise
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 25,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer