|Job Ref:||204778216||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Staffordshire||Address:||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum competitive benefits||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:07|
The successful Embedded Systems Engineer will need a wide range of experience in an embedded system environment covering design, support and specification of embedded systems. The candidate should be educated to a degree level preferably with the focus being either control system engineering, software engineering or an embedded system or have the relevant demonstrable skills through experience.
- Liaising with suppliers to stay on top of the latest available hardware and costs
- Reviewing supplier proposals/quotes to ensure my client is getting the robust, capable, appropriate and cost effective hardware to meeting our needs
- Developing our standard requirements for hardware to ensure that all hardware will survive in the my clients environment
- Working with business units to develop specifications, perform gap analysis and help review supplier proposals
- Generating and maintaining a parts catalogue to help select the correct hardware and drive re-use
- Liaising with business units, suppliers and IT to ensure our software meets the required standards (Safety, security, interfaces)
- Developing our standards and approaches for the software delivery process utilising appropriate tools to ensure we have the correct software delivery process, covering the whole software lifecycle. Evaluating and selecting toolsets
- Driving an improved software test and validation process, covering supplier testing through to on-machine testing to ensure good coverage and compliance with appropriate coding standards (such as MISRA)
- Driving my client's model based approach to software
- Developing our strategy for an appropriate architecture covering hardware, middleware, firmware, high-level control, low-level control and interfaces
- Assisting and leading investigations into issues on products to determine root cause and develop permanent fixes
- Working with purchasing to develop our standard software contracts with suppliers
- Piloting new techniques and training others - Drive re-use
Technical Role elements will include V Model lifecycle and approach and associated tools (DOORs?), bug and issue tracking, source code version control, software coding to appropriate standards (i.e. MISRA C), CAN Networks and tools, model based software/control development (Matlab, Simulink), automated testing and scripting, software audits and supplier audits.
This is a really exciting time for the company, and they are eager to seek team players, innovators and proven design professionals. The site is very nice, and they are in a beautiful part of Staffordshire. The company offer a very generous benefits scheme which includes 25 days holiday, pension scheme, private healthcare and a bonus dependant on company performance.
If you would like to learn more about the role, and think you have the skill set required, please get in contact with me at Computer Futures on NA. I am also looking to grow my connections on LinkedIn, click the Link and connect today.