|Job Ref:||204777368||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands / Warwickshire or Leicestershire||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum + car or allowance + 24 days + pensi||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:07|
Applications Engineer / Project Engineer - Conveyors / Materials Handling|
Based or commutable to the West Midlands / Warwickshire or Leicestershire
* £30,000 - £40,000 (DOE)
* Expensed car or car allowance - negotiable
* 24 days + stat - pension 5% matched - life assurance
My client is a leading manufacturer of special purpose machinery supplied into a variety of manufacturing market sectors. You will be working for a secure and stable business with its own purpose built manufacturing facility, and own in-house design team where my client will provide a turnkey solution from design, manufacture installation and commissioning.
This multi-million-pound business is experiencing a significant amount of growth and looking to strengthen the applications function. As a result, they are now looking to recruit a Conveyors / Materials Handling Application Engineer / Project Engineer to join the team.
Applications Engineer / Project Engineer - Conveyors / Materials Handling
* Working as part of a team of three you will be instrumental in pre-sales support and post-sales project management.
* 50% of your time will be spent on applications and sales & technical support.
* Responding to incoming enquiries, RFQ's and RFI's directly from the customer and Sales Team.
* Review client specifications, contract documentation and schedule lists.
* Producing equipment lists, BOM's and liaising with suppliers and Subcontractors.
* To produce pre-sales layout designs of special purpose machinery in 2D AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, Microstation or Visio).
* Projects can vary from £50,000 - £500,000 at any one time.
* The remaining 50% will be spent on post-sales project management.
* Site visits & surveys and overseeing the installation & commissioning of projects.
* Participating in project review meetings, project planning using Microsoft Projects and scheduling.
* You will ensure the project is completed on time, within budget and to ensure commercial & technical milestone are adhered to.
Experience & background:
* Experienced as either an Internal Sales Engineer, Applications Engineer, Project Engineer or Contracts Engineer type background.
* Must be proficient in any of the following 2D design packages - AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, Microstation or Visio.
* Worked / experienced with the following equipment - special purpose machinery, materials handling, conveyors or jigs & fixtures.
* Ideally a mechanical engineering qualification - C&G, HNC/HND or degree.
* Based West Midlands / Warwickshire / Leicestershire
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a business that is financially secure and growing. You will benefit from an excellent training programme and opportunities to progress within the business.
How to Apply:
Please click "apply" or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on (Apply online only) or alternatively, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to
ATA Recruitment specialise in technical & engineering positions therefore, if this particular role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job -
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided