|Job Ref:||204777343||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||£35000 - £42000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:07|
My client, based in Nottingham, are a well-established business who design and manufacture a range of electronic products that are sold all over the world.|
They currently require a Technical Author / Documentation Manager to join their expanding team.
Your role will be very varied, sharing information between operations and R&D. You will have experience of working in an electronic / electro-mech environment.
You will produce documentation for a range of tasks including Technical Authoring, Certification, Data Pack and Training Programmes.
Position responsibilities for the Technical Author / Documentation Manager will include:
New Product Development:
* Work with cross-functional team to ensure that, through the tollgate process, product requirements are captured, documented and justified.
* Attend tollgate meetings and ensure that completion dates are adhered to.
* Assist with evidence based design verification process.
* Lead the design and preparation of product training programmes (e.G., MS PowerPoint), working with the core training team.
* Lead the certification and type approval process and the preparation of a technical construction file.
* Lead the preparation of technical manuals and assist with the preparation of other launch material, e.G. Website and datasheets.
Product Maintenance and Support
* Maintain BoMs and ensure they are optimised, controlled and published to the relevant people.
* Review and maintain compliance, certification and technical files.
* Review and manage component obsolescence.
* Be the R&D point of contact for technical RMA and QA issues.
* Take a general interest in operating procedures and contribute to the continuous improvement of R&D and cross functional processes.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about documentation and keen to grow and develop into different areas of document management.
If you have any specific questions about this Technical Author / Documentation Manager role in Nottingham, please call David Philpott on 01582 87 88 19. To apply email:
Visit and follow Redline Group