|Job Ref:||204781613||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Berkshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Bonus, Private Medical, Pension + mo||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:08|
Continued company growth has led to a Software QA Engineer vacancy within a large engineering QA team (currently circa 20 staff). This is a challenging full lifecycle testing role within a dedicated QA team committed to quality. Each Software QA Engineer gets a dedicated very high value system (c£200k) to 'own' for their testing, and plenty of hardware to build a virtualised test client infrastructure on.|
The position comes with excellent benefits, a relaxed working environment and state of the art network technology projects. I can honestly say that their staff really love working there, are enthusiastic about the products and stay with the company long term. The QA department work very closely with the development teams and seen as peers that make a major contribution to future software development. QA and Test Engineers at this company get to make a difference, be involved in feature design, improve processes etc.
The responsibilities for this Software QA Engineer role include, but are by no means limited to:
• Contributing to the creation of new features for our their platforms
• Developing and running new performance, feature and regression tests
• Managing defects from inception to verification and closure
• Liaison with Development groups (hardware and software) for test development tasks and supporting investigations and resolution of issues encountered by our customers
• Use of HP`s Quality Centre application for test case creation and defect management
• Running industry standard benchmarks against our highly scalable servers, enabling us to maintain our performance advantage in the market place
The successful Software QA Engineer are likely to have practical experience of the whole test cycle including test plan and test script development. Also:
• BS/MSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree
• Experience in development and testing enterprise class storage products, network products, and/or virtualization
• Experience with Java development in Linux or other UNIX variants.
• Experience with automated testing.
• Experience with any of: C, C++, Perl, Python, or Ruby desired.
Package: £30-35k + 10-15% bonus, Stock options, 25 days holiday, Pension (5% rising to 7%), Medical Life and Health insurance plus lots of excellent perks.
Key Skills: Java, Testing, Unix/Linux/Windows, protocols, TCP/IP Networks
Desirable skills: Virtualisation, Agile, VMware.
Don't miss out, click Apply Now