|Job Ref:||204781407||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum Negotaible based on expereince||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:08|
One of the Midlands Premier Aerospace Manufacturers is currently seeking to recruit a permanent Estimator. The comprehensive services that our client offers and reputation for quality and reliability has allowed them to attract clients from around the world. Manufacturing Parts for Airbus, BA, Rolls Royce, you will become part of a prestigious company within the Midlands. Opportunities are now available at the North Nottinghamshire Site.
Duties and responsibilities
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager, and is a key position working with Managing Director, Sales Director and internal departments within the Company.
• Receive, review and respond to Requests for Quotes (RFQ's) and lead Major Bids.
• Summarizes component quote costs (i.e. materials, labour, rate) into top-level parts to produce an overall quote - includes tooling, programming costs and expected yield & scrap margin rates.
• Analyse customer drawings, models, specifications and instructions to calculate or estimate product or process manufacturing costs.
• Provide technical support to business development process in both internal and customer led activity, supporting bid preparation.
• Liaise with internal and external supply chains to provide product manufacturing proposals and other responses to enquiries.
• Work within the team to make business decisions on unit prices, price breaks as well as evaluating production capacity, lead times and capital constraints.
• Administer the Quote / Estimate (QE) system.
• Provide statistical analysis of RFQ performance (win/loss rate, reason, market etc.).
• Administer the Contract Review system, conveying estimates to production
• Undertake internal cost reviews to identify opportunities for cost reduction and improvement.
• The Ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level in Mechanical Engineering, however candidates educated to HNC level and with relevant experience will also be considered.
• Must have prior experience in the Aerospace market and used to working with Airbus specs and experience or knowledge of 5 Axis CNC machining & mill/turn activities.
• Ideally, additional knowledge or experience of Fabrication, Assembly, paint and special processes sought after.
• Previous experience of physical manufacturing experience in the above beneficial.
• Technical competence, eye for detail, analytical thinking, commercial awareness and customer facing.
• Excellent MS Office and previous business systems skills.
• Develop excellent via clear and concise communications.
• Must have good team working skills coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent communicator, customer relationship builder with good organisational and co-ordination skills.
• Creative thinker with a 'can do' attitude.
• A proven track record of successful bids in an engineering/manufacturing company.
39 hour working week
Monday - Thursday 7:30am - 4:30pm
Friday - 7:30am - 12:30pm
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply in the first instance by phoning Sarah Davis on: (Apply online only) or Email your details to sarah . davis @ ristara .co. uk