|Job Ref:||204781009||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Sussex||City:||Shoreham-by-Sea||Address:||Post Code:||BN43||Salary:||£28000 - £30000/annum Plus bonus, van, pension & benefit||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:08|
The client has been designing, developing and delivering their webcasting solution for more than 14 years. They have built a reputation on this core product and the hardware, software, support, streaming and hosting service they now provide to over 100 clients throughout the UK. They provide a full AV service to clients and this side of the business is growing rapidly needing someone who is really able to get to grips with this side of the installations.|
We need an engineer to cover the south of the country and South Wales. The nature of the role means there is a fair amount of travel required and it is likely that your time will be split 60% out on site and 40% in the office/warehouse although this will be dependent on the needs of the business and availability of other technicians and may therefore vary from week to week.
We need technicians to be committed and motivated and to continually want to improve their knowledge and skills. This is not the sort of role for someone who can't think on their feet and look for creative solutions to problems which may arise.
Main Duties and Tasks
• Conduct pro-active Service Visits
• Conduct Service Repair visits in line with our SLA timeframes
• Assist and also act as lead technician on certain clients with the installation, testing and checking of AV systems
• Rack building will be a big part of this role and your rack build skills will be exceptional.
• Assist with goods received and Asset Management control
• Provide backup to the service desk to answer customer support enquiries when in the main office
• Provide backup to the service desk for live stream monitoring when in the main office
• Maintain up to date CRM, knowledge, schematic and service documentation
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• At least 4 years experience of AV installation and integration
• Experience of problem solving and troubleshooting of AV installations down to component level
• The ability to work on construction sites and understand 1st and 2nd line fix skills
• Experience of terminating and testing Cat 5, 6 and audio and video cables
• Excellent soldering and crimping skills
• The ability to read wiring diagrams, schematics and client site install guidance
• An understanding of audio conferencing systems
• Great rack building skills
• An excellent understanding of audio and video protocols
• An excellent understanding of analogue and digital based systems
• Professional communication skills in dealing with both clients and internal departments
• Excellent customer service skills
• The ability to think quickly and outside of the 'standard' solutions
• Time management and good organisational skills along with the ability to prioritise and manage workloads
• Be a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and hit the ground running
• Previous knowledge of using a CRM system would be an advantage
• Full, clean driving licence
The company will assist in the event that training is required to ensure delivery of the role is enabled.
We are an ethically minded company that values the people we work with and are focussed and committed to creating a good working environment.
We offer training and career development, 20 to 25 days' holiday, child care vouchers, contributory company pension scheme, critical illness cover and death in service benefits, summer outings and Friday drinks