|Job Ref:||204780982||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cannock||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:08|
* Liaise with plants to identify cost down opportunities and develop action plans with the Plant Directors
* Be the lead representative in working with the Customers.
* Lead internal Cadence meetings ensuring Customer set targets are met at Plant level.
* Liaise with Manufacturing Engineering (UK & Europe) to assist in cost saving idea / design improvement sharing.
* Ability to manipulate, view and understand CAD data and Engineering drawings/GDT.
* Assist in general Business requirement as appropriate.
The Cost down engineer will be spending 20% of time on customer site. Also required to travel to all UK sites to support in Plant level meetings.
Qualifications, Experience and behaviours required
* Experience of delivering Projects within time and budget constraints
* Experience of Project Management techniques.
* Good communication skills to interact at all levels across the business including customers, suppliers, sales and engineers both internal and 2nd Tier, with ability to present to a senior level of management
* Ability to understand, interpret and act upon customer feedback.
* Have proven engineering background
* Qualified to Graduate level in appropriate engineering discipline
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft software such as Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
* Strong team-working skills, decision making, and ability to provide direction as appropriate
* Proactive and positive attitude and approach.
* Spanish preferred, but not essential.
* Experience of Catia V5 and Team-centre software (optional)