|Job Ref:||204780940||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newbury||Address:||Salary:||£22000 - £28000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:08|
Duties and Responsibilities:|
The Test/Service Engineer will act as the key technical intermediary between the customer and the company and will be required to have detailed technical knowledge of the company product portfolio. This role will be workshop based for approximately two thirds of the time and one third field based visiting customers.
Key duties of the Test/Service Engineer include:
• Offering support (telephone, email and/or on-site) across the UK, Europe, America and Asia including fault finding, field repairs and installation of products.
• Provide commissioning and installation support to integrators.
• Able to travel to customer sites globally at short notice as well as planned notice.
• Able to work out of office hours and occasional weekends.
• Participation in the development of new products as well as improving current products.
• Cooperate with other departments
• Feedback product enhancements and requests into Engineering and Business Development teams. Work with the company service & repair team to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Proven experience as a Test/Service Engineer from an electronics based environments.
• At least 2 years' experience working in a Product support team or Service & Repair team role is essential.
• Experience in customer interfacing role is essential.
• Previous experience with marine products is preferable but not essential.
Test/Service Engineer Skills:
• Good electronic skills and reading electrical diagrams is essential.
• Must have good soldering skills and must be able to solder surface mount components to 0603 level.
• Good mechanical skills including panel cutting, drilling, tapping, etc. are essential.
• A Full UK driving license - Category B is required.
• Good organization and planning skills.
• Strong communication/customer facing skills.
• Able and willing to travel overseas at short notice.
• Innovative and proactive self-starter.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Prepared to respond to customer enquires outside of usual working hours