|Job Ref:||204780801||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:08|
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with strong programming design skills (with experience in software design from conception until completion) to work in our manufacturing company based in Leeds |
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that the quality of software developed within the Company fulfils customer expectations and the requirements of relevant internal and external Standards.
To ensure that the Company's software development process is followed, and the work products are of high quality by:
* Promotion of the Company's software development process and of best practice.
*Ensure relevant software documents are issued in line with schedule
* Planning and execution of internal and external audits of the development process.
* Planning and execution of internal audits of software.
* Planning of, and acting as moderator of, walkthroughs and reviews of software project work products.
* Providing assistance to design engineers in the software project set-up and planning.
* Providing assistance to design engineers in the preparation of software project documentation.
* Monitoring the progress of software projects to ensure that the work products are delivered in the correct sequence.
* Administration of and assistance in the use of the computer aided software-engineering tools.
* Escalation to higher management where necessary of failures to comply with the process or failure to produce work of high quality.
As a secondary accountability, to assist as time allows in the validation of software by:
* Writing comprehensive test plans.
* Performing thorough software testing.
* Contribute effectively to team working within the Company and with customers.
* Give timely, effective support to the customer?s needs so that the customer does not express dissatisfaction.
* Provide technical support relating to the software development process to Sales and Marketing to assist in the acquisition of new business.
* Ensure full commitment and support for training, succession planning, recruitment, communications, health and safety, environmental considerations, housekeeping and personal discipline.
The job requires team working with many other departments within the organisation, locally and internationally, and with various departments at customers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
*Apprentice trained in electrical or mechatronic engineering discipline and post apprenticeship software design experience
* Degree in a subject relevant to Software Engineering.
* HND/HNC or BSC in a relevant engineering discipline
Training in the following will be advantageous:
* Rockwell and Siemens programming experience
You will earn a basic salary of between £35,000 and £45,000 / annum (depending on experience) plus benefits