|Job Ref:||204780711||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£23000 - £27000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:08|
Product Design Engineer- Consumer Products|
£23,000- 27,000 + Benefits
I am seeking a product design engineer to work for a leading business based in the Manchester area who design and develop branded consumer products supplied globally.
Due to company expansion and their development into new markets, they are looking to hire an experienced product designer to play a pivotal role in the development of products working from initial concept through to manufacturing support.
The role offers the opportunity to join an exciting business and work with some of the leading brands in the industry.
* 3D model, visualise and refine designs for mass manufacture
* Create 3D models for a broad range of product categories
* Create lifelike visuals for packaging and marketing campaigns
* Engineer designs to support mass manufacturing
* Liaise with Far East manufacturers with tooling plans and technical information
* Work with the Product design team on new ideas and develop current core range
Key Background and Skills Required:
* A strong user of 3D CAD, ideally Solidworks
* Experience with 3D studio Max, Maya, Z-brush would be advantageous
* The ability to surface, free form or character model to a high standard
* The ability to transform 2D drawings into 3D drawings with a view to 3D print and mass manufacture
* A proven track record of developing/refining products in 3D for mass manufacturing
* A good understanding of plastic injection moulding and 3D printing
* Experience and knowledge working with Far East factories (and European factories), materials and mass manufacturing processes with an understanding of Far Eastern tooling methods
* A proficient user of Photoshop and illustrator
* An experienced background working in a FMCG environment
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established growing business and offers the opportunity to work with leading brands supplying products globally.
How to apply:
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided and I will contact you shortly for a confidential discussion.
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the technology and manufacturing sectors.
Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across the following engineering and commercial disciplines; mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, controls & instrumentation, embedded software & electronics, quality & manufacturing, product design and project, programme & operations management