|Job Ref:||204780629||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Inverness||Address:||Salary:||£NEG Negotiable||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:08|
HR1606 - Commercial Manager|
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Manager to work in our Inverness HQ.
The successful candidate will primarily oversee the commercial and proposals team in relation to bids and tenders co-ordination, preparation and submittal.
They are also expected to contribute to Group commercial risk assessment, business development and pursuing commercial opportunities.
This role is likely to be of interest to somebody with experience in proposal contracts, quantity surveying, costing, estimating or commercial activities and will involve frequent engagement with management across the regions whilst working closely with Finance, Tax and other corporate functions.
Other duties are not limited to but will include the following :
* Overseeing commercial team in relation to bids /tenders co-ordination, preparation and submittal:
* Co-ordinating assessment methodology for evaluating bid pursuits.
* Implementing appropriate Group review process such as prepare and review teams.
* Undertake review of capability documents sourcing updates and developing library.
* Work closely with regions/Group functions to prepare commercial build-ups.
* Contributing to assessment of commercial risk across the Group:
* Conducting review of existing contracts.
* Conducting commercial audits across Group as appropriate/directed.
* Working closely with Finance and Tax functions to source review data/conduct reviews
* Retain awareness of costs affecting business such as tax and insurance.
* Ensure Group terms and conditions are and in place where no client contracts are in play.
* Validate Ts & Cs within current/appropriate risk models and liaising with Group functions and/or legal specialists as required, e.g. reviewing reciprocal indemnity arrangements.
* Maintain a market awareness of competition margins, fees and terms.
* Supporting business development and pursuing commercial opportunities:
* Engaging with regional management to ensure margins are maintained/extended.
* Tracking contract completion dates and preparing Group for extensions/renewals.
* Work with BD consultants to maximise Group capability/opportunities.
* Understand and comply with all Orion Group Safety, health and environmental (SHE)
* requirements and help promote and maintain appropriate SHE policies, procedures, systems
* and or behaviours.
* Excellent communication and networking skills.
* Technical knowledge and understanding of:
* Proposal preparation
* International clients and markets.
* P.C. literate with awareness of variety of commercial processes.
* Commercial acumen and advanced negotiation skills.
* Supervisory and man management competence.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference HR1606