|Job Ref:||204780591||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Shipley||Address:||Post Code:||DE75||Salary:||£22000 - £22800/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:08|
As in-house recruiters for DENSO Marston Ltd, a large multinational manufacturing organisation based in Shipley we are looking for an Test Technician to provide a complete and efficient mechanical testing service to the product engineering and quality departments. The position of Test Technician offers an interesting and varied job for an individual who has practical engineering abilities and a constantly questioning mind. |
A large selection of engineering disciplines are employed; mechanical, electrical, control and instrumentation, pneumatics, hydraulics, as well as theoretical engineering. There is also the chance to use some of the most up to date analysis equipment and software packages.
• To implement tests to the criteria laid down in the relevant specifications to allow validation of the company's products.
• To maintain and calibrate the test equipment to the necessary standards.
• To compile test reports and to pass judgment on the test results obtained during testing.
• To assist/advise other departments in the choice of suitable tests where unspecified.
• Organise external maintenance work when required and liaise with contractors.
Key Skills Required
• A practical aptitude, a good knowledge of general engineering skills and practical abilities, workshop and fabrication skills.
• Good communication skills are essential along with the ability to work as part of a team.
• A full driving license.
• Computer literacy.
• Knowledge of component and material testing.
• Self motivated with a desire towards potential further education.
Candidates are required to hold a HNC in an engineering discipline - preferably mechanical engineering or instrumentation.
Working hours 12.00 noon - 8:00pm Mon - Thurs 4:00pm- 9:00 Fri.
Excellent pension scheme and generous company benefits, plus free on-site parking