|Job Ref:||204780270||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Afghanistan||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:08|
Our Client is a world renowned leader in providing global operational support to NATO and UK military and government sites including Afghanistan and Iraq. They require Authorising Engineers to undertake the immediate inspection of a number of NATO and UK military and government sites including Erbil (Kurdish Iraq) and Kabul (NATO HQ).
The schedule is approximately 17 separate inspections per year of which 12 are overdue or due now. Succesful candidates will be expected to have experience as an Authorising Engineer across Electrical, Mechanical, POL, Confined Spaces and Working at Heights discipline, preferably from an MOD or military background. Specific details follow at the end of this advert.
Applicants will hold (or have held within the last 12 months) a UK Secret Clearance to enable access to security sensitive locations.
The chosen applicant(s) will be engaged on multiple temporary contracts in line with the inspection schedule, starting immediately on sites where inspections are overdue. Depending on time required on sites you can expect to be out-of-country for 6-10 weeks per year.
Negotiable - candidates will be selected on technical ability and availability rates will be scaled to match.
Flights in and out of sites in Afghanistan and Iraq will be arranged and provided free of charge, as will meals and accommodation during inspections. Medical coverage and insurance is provided.
Your safety is paramount to us and the Client, you will be provided with full PPE and body armour and you will not be working outside of military or UK government bases/camps.
Roles and Duties
Routine inspections (6 monthly & annual) across the following 5 disciplines:
* Electrical (HV & LV)
* Petroleum Oils & Lubricants (POL)
* Mechanical Systems
* Confined Spaces
* Working at Height
* Certification & Training of on-site authorised personnel (AP's)
* Knowledge of MOD JSP 375
* Minimum of 2 years recent experience of working as an Authorising Engineer
* Computer literate in Microsoft Office suite.
* Must be mentally and physically fit and be capable of passing a detailed medical examination
* Must be capable of obtaining NATO Secret (NS) Security Clearance from their National Security Authority
* Knowledge of airfield operations and services would be an advantage.
* Be familiar with NATO, ICAO and ISO terminology.
* Experience of working on operations in austere remote sites or in developing nations