|Job Ref:||204779863||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:08|
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager for a company that provide finishing solutions to metal surfaces primarily for the Aerospace and Defence industries.|
The newly appointed Operations Manager will work alongside the Production Control Manager to ensure the effective running of the Shop Floor.
Main duties include:
• You will be wholly responsible for delivering and improving all operational and strategic targets including OTIF
• The Operations Manager will be charged with managing the day-to-day operations to ensure performance meets company objectives, achieving budget and managing costs.
• You will have previous experience with optimising the plant's performance through appropriate utilisation of manpower, equipment and resources.
• The incumbent will review production reports, activity reports and other performance data to measure and improve productivity.
• As the Operations Manager you will also be expected to prepare reports/production activities and update on operation plan and objectives.
• You will also be responsible for training, coaching and mentoring Team Leaders and other direct reports to ensure that all operations personnel receive safety, quality and process training as required.
What you will need for the Operations Manager - Manufacturing role:
• Relevant engineering experience
• Demonstrated experience of working as an Operations Manager within a Manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated management background responsible for multi-disciplined teams.
• Solid change management experience, process improvement and process optimisation.
• The ability to develop a metric driven organisation to demonstrate efficiency.
Agency: UCA Consulting
Contact Name: Richard Lalchan
Contact Email: NA
Telephone: (Apply online only)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £70k + package depending on experience