|Job Ref:||204782674||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Trafford Park||Address:||Post Code:||M17||Salary:||£26000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:09|
Ambitek is looking for a experienced production supervisor for a large engineering firm on trafford park.|
The production supervisor plans/organises the daily manufacturing in the department and supervises labour so as to maximise utilisation. This position is responsible for analysing production targets, auditing quality, conducting H&S inspections and monitoring housekeeping in the department.
The essence of the job is to manage the day to day activities of the department and develop its future potential through continual improvement.
Duties and responsibilities
A Production Supervisor has the following responsibilities and duties:
• To manage departmental labour performance with the aim of recovering hours from each operator and to maximise output.
• To plan production in the department on coordination with the planning department and production capabilities.
• To maximise efficiency on each job by optimising methods of production.
• To optimise material usage, recycling or reusing materials wherever possible and minimising waste.
• To monitor and identify rejects, then propose and implement corrective actions.
• To analyse production targets identifying issues and areas for improvement.
• To identify, set, work towards and achieve key tasks. Reporting on progress made on a monthly basis. Key tasks are to be targets above and beyond the job description in relation to the job and department.
• To carry out quality audits and ensuring that section leaders are carrying out quality checks.
• To monitor aspects of health and safety in the department. Carrying out H&S inspections in the department, checking and ensuring that all operatives are trained.
• To assist sales and technical departments in estimating costing of jobs and arranging the production of samples for the procurement of new business.
• To perform administration tasks as required.
• To inspect departmental housekeeping and to organize deep cleaning schedules and maintain the highest standards of housekeeping in the department.
• To work towards long-term goals to ensure continued business growth.
Skills and Knowledge
The production supervisor needs to be able to demonstrate strong leadership and organisational skills, be able to remain calm and clear headed at times of high pressure and high demand; have good time management skills with the ability to delegate tasks efficiently and have good decision-making skills.
The Supervisor exists to aid the Production Manager in the optimum running of the department. The job will require the ability to work as part of a management team, working closely with the shop floor to organise day to day production. This will involve maintaining good industrial relations with the shop floor, but will also involve the use of disciplinary investigations or actions where necessary.
This will involve performing purchase requisitions, allocating spends to the correct cost centres and account codes. Purchasing will also be performed for consumables on the shop floor. It will also involved requesting maintenance work to be undertaken.
The Supervisor will be required to train operatives on various processes on the floor, ensuring that standards can be obtained for maximum levels of quality.
To apply please forward your cv in word format or call on (Apply online only)