|Job Ref:||204782496||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wrexham||Address:||Post Code:||LL13||Salary:||£NEG Negotiable (Plus Excellent Benefits)||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:09|
Job Title: Commissioning Engineer - Water|
Location: North Wales - Welsh Water Framework
Salary Guide: £Negotiable plus Car/Allowance and Excellent Benefits
Our client is an engineering principal contractor working within the water industry and part of the Welsh Water AMP6 framework. They are looking for a Commissioning Engineer to work on water and wastewater schemes throughout the region.
The role involves providing an on-site installation and commissioning service relating to mechanical and electrical elements of high volume projects (e.g. wastewater treatment plants, pumping stations, chlorine dosing units and M&E refurbishment projects). Liaising with and overseeing suppliers/subcontractors activities is also a key aspect of the role to ensure projects are delivered to an extremely high standard.
* Production of a commissioning plan in accordance with the contract specification and agree plan with the client's representative.
* Maintaining records and results in accordance with the commissioning plan
* Co-ordination of sub-contractors for commissioning
* Ensure safe working practices during the testing and commissioning period
* Maintain and update the Quality Plan relating to commissioning activities
* Inform the Site Agent on commissioning progress regularly
* Advise interested parties e.g. Contract Manager, QS, of any actions which will have a commercial advantage/disadvantage to the Company
* Report weekly on progress and resource requirements
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive working knowledge and experience of mechanical and electrical fault-finding and diagnostic working. Having the right qualifications or working to be approved to work on the clients' electrical equipment they will be able to read and understand single line drawings as well as have the ability to understand the impact commissioning has on an existing process.
The role demands a team player who has excellent communication skills, the ability to work independently and a self-starter. You will also need excellent communication skills to be able to understand and deliver clients' needs in a vibrant environment. A full driving licence as well as enthusiasm and a positive attitude are required to fit into our company and contribute to its continued success.
Keywords: Commissioning Engineer, Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Water, Sewage, Sludge