|Job Ref:||204782253||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northampton||Address:||Post Code:||NN1||Salary:||£23000 - £28000/annum £26.5K+S/A+O/T+Pension+Van+ F/C||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:09|
Field Service Engineer - Fork Lift Trucks/Materials Handling Equipment
Our client is a market leading company within the Materials Handling Equipment sector. With its reputation for exceptional product design, engineering and manufacturing of its award winning range of electric lift trucks. Our client offers a career from employee training and development with an excellent benefits package.
£28,0000 (Depending on experience)+ Shift Allowance+ Over Time+ Pension+ Company Van (Option for private use)+ Fuel Card+ 25 days holidays+ Support with Tooling
To carry out service and repairs to equipment on customer sites in a safe, professional and cost effective manner, maintaining documentation of all works carried out in line with Health and Safety and Quality procedures. The role will involve working to a planned schedule of service and maintenance jobs at our client's premises.
• To ensure van stock is monitored / counted, and sufficient for the day
to day maintenance of the fleet.
• To carry out inspections and monitor the safety of the repaired and
• To accurately complete job sheets, timesheets and purchase
requisition and parts paperwork within the required timescales.
• To take responsibility for all equipment and tooling (including
van/laptop/tablet etc.) and ensure that it is in a safe condition for the
type of work being undertaken.
• To work to strict planned schedules and deadlines.
• To be considered for the role you will need to have knowledge of at
least one of the following areas: (A) Mechanical engineering (B)
Electrical engineering (C) Hydraulics
• You will have the ability to work independently and in a team, hold
good communication skills, work to a high standard and be able to
work to timescales as required.
• We need someone who essentially can be product trained and then
take the Engineer Service role on straight away.
- Must hold full UK Driving Licence.
- Proficient in fault finding and repair.
- Commitment to continuing personal and professional development.
- Excellent organisational skills, resourceful and solution driven.
- A high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritising workloads to work to tight deadlines.
- Consultation and negotiation skills.
- Positive, personable and optimistic with a can do attitude.
- Recent and relevant experience of working in the forklift truck
service environment, but not essential.
- Engineering qualification