|Job Ref:||204782158||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Immingham||Address:||Post Code:||DN40||Salary:||£40 - £50/hour||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:09|
Contract Mechanical Engineer|
One of the largest CHP plants, capable of generating 1240MW, equating to 2.5% of the UK's electricity and being one of the cleanest and most efficient plants in Europe, at full capacity, it saves 2.5 million tonnes of CO2 per year, equivalent to 1 million cars. The plant is used by two nearby oil refineries to help turn crude oil into products such as gasoline.
Responsible to the Engineering Manager, this new role will be tasked with developing asset management strategies and implementing associated maintenance techniques. You will be working on small project works up to the value of £100k and you will be based on site, expected to take ownership for problem solving; investigation into failures and deterioration mechanisms; preparation of technical specifications and execution of site Mechanical projects. All of this must be done safely and within budget as well as ensuring full compliance with agreed safety and environmental performance standards and expectations.
With supervisory and projects responsibility, the Mechanical Engineer will manage small project works and support the site engineers in delivering three outages during 2017. The successful candidate will have advanced skills in Rotating Plant with specialist knowledge of power station large Gas and Steam Turbines.
The ideal Mechanical Engineer will:
- Be Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering field, ideally chartered or working towards chartered status
- Be experienced in Large Rotating Plant engineering in a similar, power generation industry
- Be technically competent in the field of large high speed rotating mechanical equipment.
- Have a detailed understanding of risk based maintenance techniques and their implementation
- Have a sound understanding of the theory and practice associated with waste heat and conventional high pressure boilers, Cooling Towers, pumps and compressors.
- Be highly motivated with proven problem solving skills
- A passionate engineer looking to bring new ideas to an environment where he / she can develop a career
- A team player who is self-motivated and can motivate others who behaves with trust and integrity at all times
The role is to start on 2nd Jan 2017 - 31st Dec 2017
Working hours will be 0800 - 1600 (37.5 hours a week)