|Job Ref:||204782056||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Salary:||£31000 - £35000/annum Plus Van and Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:09|
Position: Water Mains Technician |
Salary: £31,000 - £35,000 plus Van and Excellent Benefits
Our client provides water and wastewater management services throughout the UK and Ireland. They specialise in delivering integrated sustainable solutions nationwide that range from drinking water supply management and wastewater treatment, to bespoke design solutions for commerce and industry.
They are currently delivering a number of projects for the MoD throughout Berkshire, Hampshire and Wiltshire as well at AWE Aldermaston. They have a fantastic new role for a Team Leader to work in the Potable Water division who will support the safe and timely delivery of new potable water infrastructure as well as repair and maintenance of existing infrastructure.
You will be working within a team and under the Site Agent. Key responsibilities will include:
* Undertake mains installation works on various sites, including developer sites, secure military installations and on the highway within the public realm.
* Support repair and maintenance of existing potable water network which could include participating in out of hours standby.
* Undertake pressure testing, chlorination and dechlorination of new PE and DI water mains.
* Operate excavator, dumper, EF and BF equipment and tapping drills
* Follow safe systems of work when undertaking high risk activities
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
* IOSH working safely
* EUSR SHEA Water and National Water Hygiene Card
* NRSWA Operative
* Be able to obtain and maintain access to secure government facilities
* Full driving licence
* NPORS or CPCS excavator and dumper
* Emergency First Aid at work
* Confined Space trained
The contract, which will last for 35 years, will provide modern living and working accommodation for some 18,000 military and civilian personnel in garrisons located in the Salisbury Plain training area. It has a particular focus on single living accommodation providing nearly 11,000 single en-suite bed spaces.
It will also include new dining facilities, theatres and community centres. The project also encompasses a number of other support services including utilities, water treatment, domestic services, estate management, document production and handling, stores, transport and waste disposal.
Keywords: Civil, Site Engineer, Network Technician, Site Supervisor, Team Leader, Water Network, Service Layer, Water Infrastructure and Distribution, Sewerage, Sewage, Water Mains, Mains Distribution, Mains Laying, NRSWA