|Job Ref:||204781843||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Sussex||City:||Horsham||Address:||Post Code:||RH13||Salary:||£9 - £12/hour||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:09|
Job Description for Assembler|
Chess Dynamics Ltd is a medium sized UK company that provides technical solutions within the defence and security sectors. It marries mechanical and electro-optical engineering with video management software to provide users with discrete surveillance systems.
Due to the nature of the products Chess design and manufacture, we are able to offer an exciting and innovative environment for our staff to work in. Having 3 sites across the UK and working with some of the largest defence contractors worldwide, Chess has positioned itself as a strong and stable employer.
We currently require an experienced Assembly Operator to be responsible for the production of Electro-Mechanical products and systems.
• Main production work will involve accurate assembly of Equipment to Engineering drawings and procedures to lead times set by the production planning department
• Use a variety of hand and power tools following appropriate methods to complete mechanical assembly of components
• Labelling of parts during assembly ensuring serial numbers are documented where necessary
• Assist Electrical personnel with the assembly and fitting of cable looms.
• Ensure that all documentation related to your work is kept accurate and up to date
• Liaise with production control when kits are incomplete
• Help organise and control the workshop areas, ensuring these areas are kept tidy.
• Effective communications with engineering team to sort out issues during the build
• Checking that all work meets quality and technical standards
Experience & Qualifications
• Several years' previous experience within an electro-mechanical production environment is essential.
• Good use of hand tools with the ability to work from engineering drawings is required.
• Ability to work with other production teams to ensure the final build is delivered successfully
Contract: 6 Months+