|Job Ref:||204781796||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Somerset||Address:||Salary:||£26891 - £30197/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:09|
Demob Job Reference: J2693|
Job Title: Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) - Dayshift
Location: Hockholler, Somerset
Salary: £26,891 to £30,197 DOE
Start Date: ASAP
My client is an established production facility and a market leader in their field. Due to continued expansion, they are now recruiting for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) to join their team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will work as part of a team responsible for planned preventative maintenance and reactive breakdown tasks to production machinery and plant equipment, ensuring the smooth running of the facility.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in HM Armed Forces i.e. British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) with strong electrical/mechanical maintenance skills ideally within a production/manufacturing environment. Candidates with this background are encouraged to apply.
- Ensure that production machinery and equipment is achieving maximum efficiency.
- Respond promptly to reactive breakdown repairs; strip and overhaul the machinery if necessary.
- Fitting new components to machinery when required.
- Undertake preventative maintenance in accordance with the maintenance plan.
- Provide accurate and timely asset history and reports for OEE and TPM.
- Contribute to the achievement of zero unplanned downtime.
- Manufacture / modify parts, components and equipment in accordance with sound engineering / technical standards ensuring that H&S and operational requirements are met.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Undertake and record commissioning and re-commissioning activities on assets ensuring they are safe and operationally fit for purpose before hand over to production.
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers with regard to parts, service, technical queries etc., maintaining a professional and cooperative working relationship at all times.
- Participate fully in training and development activities to achieve the required level and scope of competencies and provide training and assessment of colleagues within your competence range.
- The successful candidate will be multi-skilled with electrical bias.
- Must hold a relevant electrical engineering qualification NVQ 3/City & Guilds/ HNC.
- Proven engineering background in production/manufacturing environment.
- Strong technical background with proven knowledge of fault finding, root cause analysis, diagnostics on electro-mechanical equipment.
- Working knowledge of PLC's and fast moving automated equipment.
- Sound communicator with strong problem solving skills plus the ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as possessing a good attitude to teamwork.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Hold 17th Edition.
- £26,891 - £30,197.
- Dayshift - 39 hours - Monday to Friday.
- 24 days holiday plus statutory days.
- Opportunity to join an established company