|Job Ref:||204781791||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Sussex||City:||Horsham||Address:||Post Code:||RH13||Salary:||£11 - £15/hour||Post Date:||13/10/2016 04:09|
Job Description for Test Technician|
We are currently recruiting for a Test Technician to be responsible for conducting Factory Acceptance Tests on all electro-mechanical equipment produced. The candidate will be working on both prototype and production systems working closely with Engineers and production staff ensuring all testing is completed to a high standard and suggesting improvements to the test processes and procedures where applicable.
• Undertaking Factory Acceptance tests using standard workshop test equipment such as power supplies, digital multi-meters and oscilloscopes.
• A proven ability to fault-find electromechanical equipment.
• Reading complex technical drawings both wiring and PCB schematics and to a lesser extent Mechanical drawings for fault finding purposes.
• Aid with calibration of test equipment and tooling.
• Checking that all work meets quality and technical standards.
• Effective communications with engineering team to sort out issues during the testing phase of the project.
Experience & Qualifications
• Previous experience within a production environment is essential.
• Strong PC skills, ability to load software etc is required.
• A HNC or equivalent in electronics is preferred but not essential.
• The role will also require a good understanding of fault finding techniques on electronic equipment.
• Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to read and interrogate complex technical drawings.
• Experience with Linux would be advantageous.
Contract: 6 Months +