Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12549||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Australian Antarctic Territory||City:||Newcastle||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:01|
Job ID: 2016-12549
Area of Interest: EN
Job Type: Casual
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Posted Date: 10/13/2016
We are seeking a Geotechnical Engineer with underground coal mining experience to join our Newcastle office, required for an immediate start. You will have the opportunity to work with our Mine Engineering and Stability team consisting of industry leaders and technical experts servicing projects in Australia and overseas.
In this role you will primarily be responsible for carrying out site/field work for underground coal operations. This includes field data collection, data analysis and reporting, borescoping, geotechnical and geological underground mapping and providing recommendations to our clients.
To be successful, you will possess:
* Bachelor degree in Science (majoring in Geology), or Civil / Mining Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering.
* Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) is highly regarded.
* Several years of experience in underground coal mining, mining geotechnics or underground geotechnical engineering.
* Demonstrated strength in analytical, interpretative, monitoring and evaluation skills within underground coal geotechnical engineering.
* High attention to detail and strong time management skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong commitment to health and safety.
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 165 offices worldwide, our over 6,500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Our Staff Benefit from:
* Work life balance initiatives such as additional leave options.
* Corporate fitness programs and subsidised gym memberships.
* Career development and professional development opportunities.
Apply Online - Golder's Australasia Region:
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS