Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12551||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Houston||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:01|
Talent Acquisition Specialist / Human Resources Advisor|
Job ID: 2016-12551
Area of Interest: EN - Human Resources (HD)
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Posted Date: 10/12/2016
Experience (Years): 5
Golder Associates is searching for a Talent Acquisition Specialist/HR Advisor to join our HR team! This position, based in Houston, TX, will work with various internal client groups and HR partners to understand and deliver on Golder's hiring needs externally, while internally ensures compliance and understanding of internal policies and external legislation. Working with leaders, supervisors and employees, this role requires a strategic and creative thinker who has the ability to attract, source and cultivate a strong network of qualified talent for Golder and who has proven experience fostering strong employee engagement. Someone with an exceptional level of attention and customer service who understands full cycle recruitment and the key drivers of being an effective HR professional with particular focus on change management, total rewards, performance management and workforce planning.
Accountabilities for this dynamic role include:
* Building partnerships with leaders and supervisors to understand hiring needs, operational goals and requirements, and provide guidance and operational support to align HR services to support the attainment of business goals;
* Serving as a primary contact for leaders and employees within the Americas Region on matters such as recruitment, new employee integration, employee relations, performance management, employee engagement, compensation, departures and other operational human resources matters. Escalates complex matters to Senior HR Business Partner as necessary;
* Partner with internal client groups and the HR team to deliver excellent recruitment service and results to the company while providing full cycle recruitment as required;
* Attend recruitment events / industry events and champion the Golder brand
* Responsible for driving social recruitment initiatives and keeping up to date on best practice candidate sourcing and recruitment strategies, trends and technology
* Supporting the effective implementation and application of National/Regional HR policies, programs and processes within the Mining Business Unit; proactively identifies potential challenges/problems and provides innovative solutions;
* Contributing to National/Regional HR initiatives, policies and programs by participating on HR project teams, developing HR policies, and providing feedback and input on HR policies, programs and processes.
The successful candidate will posess:
* University Degree in Business focusing on HR, IR or related specialty
* A minimum of five (5) years of experience in HR/Recruiting role with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a Generalist position.
* Top notch client relations and communication skills (written and verbal) with a keen eye for attention to detail;
* Proven skills in sourcing, building candidate pipelines, and professional networking
* Demonstrated ability to uphold confidentiality and manage sensitive situations with tact
* Strong knowledge of recruitment sourcing tools, social recruitment and recent trends in recruitment
* Strong knowledge of employment law and recruitment requirements in both the US and Canada
* Experience in an Engineering/Sciences Consulting firm is an asset
* Experience in immigration matters/global mobility is a definite asset
* A positive attitude and solutions-driven mind-frame
* Ability to stay calm and focused within a fast paced and evolving environment
* Proficient in core office programs (e.g., Microsoft Office products) and familiarization with HRIS / ATS systems
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates;
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth;
* Employee mentoring program; and,
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for!
Established in 1960, Golder is a global, employee-owned organisation driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From over 165 offices worldwide, our more than 6,500 employees help our clients find sustainable solutions to the challenges society faces today including extraction of finite resources, energy and water supply and management, waste management, urbanisation, and climate change. We do this by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services to our clients in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.