|Job Ref:||MEL00932||Employer:||GHD Pty Ltd||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Victoria||City:||Melbourne||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 05:02|
Be a part of our "Bigger Picture"|
Would you like to give your clients the edge?
With a network of more than 8500 people across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD is one of the world's leading engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services companies.
We have recently launched our new business arm; GHD Advisory an integrated part of GHD's connected network and seek to optimise business outcomes for clients in the transport, defence, energy & resources, water, industrial and corporate sectors through services related to six business activities: infrastructure investment and economics, asset management, regulatory and risk, strategic communications, innovation and digital technologies.
As part of the growing Infrastructure Investment & Economics business GHD Advisory has established a dedicated Strategy and Commercial group to provide infrastructure asset and infrastructure business related decision support.
We are looking for an Australian market focused Strategy and Commercial generalist who can combine their business acumen and technical and operational experience to deliver client outcomes in a consulting environment.
We are seeking Senior Advisors and Executive Advisors to expand resources on the eastern coast of Australia and this is where you come in to our "bigger picture". You may bring any or all of the following to the table with your mix of an engineering and strategy / commercial background:
• Core understanding of infrastructure assets and their value
• Operational experience within infrastructure (asset rich) sectors
• Sector or client side strategy / commercial delivery experience
• Senior consulting strategy / commercial delivery experience
• Client centric business development experience
• Strategy and commercial advice backed up by operational delivery experience
• Business and asset investment decision support across all asset lifecycle phases
Primary functions of your new role will include:
• Leading projects
• Building effective relationships with existing GHD service lines and developing a proactive solutions driven approach
• Developing strategy and commercial advisory service offerings
• Leading diverse technical teams on strategy and commercial engagements and hands on client delivery
• Undertaking detailed financial and commercial analysis of infrastructure projects
• Preparation of business cases
• Advising on the development of commercial principles, procurement strategies, tender documentation, tender evaluation and providing contract negotiation support
• Advising on alternative financing options
• Preparing concise, accurate and focused written analysis, recommendations and presentations
Desired Skills and Experience
• Degree qualification in Engineering or a related discipline
• Industry experience in a recognised contracting or consulting environment OR equivalent client side industry experience (both an advantage)
• Wide sector / industry coverage preferred
• Commercial acumen
• Leadership and communication skills
• Proven ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships
• Established professional reputation
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to combine business, operational, commercial, and strategy concepts in to measurable results
This is an ideal opportunity to join a large, well established organisation with a culture that promotes safety and respect. In addition to a competitive salary, GHD also provides attractive career and lifestyle options including professional development through the GHD Business School, flexible leave and family-friendly practices. Full and part time staff are encouraged to apply. As a valued member of the business, you will have the opportunity to work with industry leaders and to develop your career.
Please forward your application on-line to NA or apply via the link below. For a confidential discussion please contact Christine Collins, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 61 07 3316 3241.
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted for this position .