|Job Ref:||38694||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Oakville||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 05:06|
Reporting to the Focus Factory Manager - Machine Shop - the Shop Supervisor will supervise and coordinate activities of machine shop employees. This position will ensure a safe work environment while providing training, coaching and mentoring to assist employees develop their skills.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO WORK VARIOUS SHIFTS AS REQUIRED.
• Provide day to day working leadership within the machine shop during by ensuring that safe-working procedures, good housekeeping practices and all company policies are adhered to at all times.
• Work with the team to drive continuous improvement through driver measures, open team dialogue and actively participating in Driver/ACE board meetings.
• Participate and support ACE related activities and drive ACE initiatives to support achieve of ACE silver/gold.
• Interface with appropriate support personnel (Manufacturing, Engineering, Production Control, and Inspection, in the investigation of production problems encountered in meeting schedule requirements and/or quality standards
• Participate in transition of new machines and products.
• Act proactively to ensure a safe work environment and promote safe work habits through formal audits and continuous contact with the shop floor.
• Act as a coach and mentor to improve employee performance and engagement.
• Resolve employee concerns by listening, analyzing and taking action.
• Conduct performance reviews, lead coaching discussions and participate in hiring activities.
• Plan and organize workloads supporting schedule, and distributing and controlling work assignments to provide for smooth flow of both priority and routine tasks to achieve economical and efficient utilization of personnel and facilities.
• Coordinate overtime and vacation planning to ensure adequate coverage during shift.
• Work with the teams to understand the need to drive continuous improvement through driver measures, open team dialogue and a bias for action; actively participate in daily Driver measure board meetings.
• Establishes lines of communication between other supervisors and cell leaders, determines the area of responsibility and follows up to ensure assignments are completed in accordance with procedures and instructions
• Assist in reviewing those problem areas that have been identified by monitoring QN's and PDS sheets and ensures proper action has been taken to correct the unfavorable occurrence
• Lead the on-going reduction of inventory and elimination of waste from the business by promoting and applying LEAN principles and daily TPM and 5-S in the shop.
• Investigate production and improvement suggestions to determine feasibility, suggest new production ideas including acquisition and commissioning of new production.
• Work with Maintenance to drive rapid closure of all daily machine issues, and identify opportunities for PM, TPM and additional support.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• College diploma/University degree or educational equivalent through relevant experience in a technical discipline is required.
• Minimum 5+ years prior leadership experience in a supervisory or management capacity.
• Minimum 5+ years of general, diverse machining experience.
• Previous experience in a fast paced, manufacturing environment is required.
• Demonstrated performance and leadership qualities.
• Machinist Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) is preferred.
• Must be able to relate/communicate well with people at all levels.
• Effective time management skills.
• Accepts ownership and accountability for own actions and is persistent in following through on daily plan.
• A team player with strong planning and organizational skills
• Prior mentoring skills and ability to delegate duties effectively among employees.
• Respects diversity and treats others with respect. Avoids unnecessary conflict.
• Energetic and innovative leader who shares new ideas in an effort to continuously improve the process.
• Strong knowledge of EH&S programs and policies with a passion for health and safety.
Successful candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR and CGD
Please answer the following to be considered for this opportunity;
1) Do you have a College Diploma or University Degree or equivalent relevant experience in a technical discipline?
2) Do you have a minimum of 5+ years of prior leadership experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity?
3) Do you have a minimum of 5+ years of general diverse machining experience?
4) Are you willing to work various shifts with minimal notice?