Marketing/Business Development Manager -Washington DC |
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, an award-winning and innovative multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, is looking for a Marketing/Business Development Manager for our Washington, DC office located in Arlington, VA. The WSP-PB Buildings team works closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
The Marketing/Business Development Manager is a primary point-of-contact for marketing in the local office. The person is also responsible for managing the workload of the local marketing team, setting priorities, overseeing staff members, preparing business development reports, and providing quality control for all marketing deliverables.
The Marketing Manager reports to the Local Managing Office Director and USA Director of Marketing for overall direction and resource allocation.
• Work with and coordinate with Vice Presidents/Senior Vice Presidents (principals) to develop marketing and business development strategies for general and specific market sector practices.
• Understanding trends in the Washington DC buildings market, with emphasis on the Commercial and Healthcare markets
• Schedule client meetings with decision-makers in the A/E/C industry
• Work closely with Senior Leadership in establishing strategic approach to new markets using the full scale of our U.S. Buildings offering
• Creates content as required for specific proposals, qualifications, brochures, presentations, etc. and supervises the proposal preparation and production effort
• Works with presentation teams to strategize and rehearse for presentations
• Provides review and quality control of proposals, presentations, award submissions, etc.
• Works with senior technical staff to identify and track leads and target markets and to prepare marketing plans and business development reports
• Responsible for the maintenance of marketing resources, including proposal files, marketing databases, (Oracle), and other electronic and physical resources that may be available
• Coordinates the local photography, public relations, and awards effort (in coordination with national Marketing and Communications staff) as needed
• Interfaces with marketing departments in other offices
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,500 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Marketing or similar field
• 7-15 years of marketing experience, preferably in the Architecture/Engineering/Consulting industry in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Region
• Leadership: ability to manage the team, to set a vision and motivate
• Strategic: ability to position the firm for a specific project or target market
• Industry: understanding of the business of the A/E/C industry
• Client/customer service: understanding of marketing as a service to the office
• Communications: ability to speak and write clearly
• Organizational: ability to organize a document, a production process, a team
• Teamwork: works as a member of a team, pitches in to help out others
• Software: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Oracle for CRM (intermediate to expert user proficiency)
WSP|PB offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, disability, and life insurances, 401K plan, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more. WSP|PB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document in either PDF or Word format.